No Prolific in a week - anyone else?

cricket

My friend and I do Prolific. Neither of us had a survey from them in a week, other than a 2 minute quick one. Anyone else? I know I've read on their site that there are these times but it just seems weird since I normally get a few every day. Anyone else?

• Like 1

I've only had one or two in the past week and a half. That is unusual for me. The only thing I can think of is that a lot of them are from academia, and it's transition time from summer to fall semesters so maybe research is wrapping up on older projects, and new projects have yet to begin. Maybe it also has to do with grants and funding being seasonal. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think it was something I did.

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone! Maria, that is such a good point! I bet you're right. Maybe when school resumes, we'll get back to the  good numbers again, I used to get several a day, now nothing, a screener for a few cents here and there. I'll be patent...have no choice :-) Thanks again everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just following up. I did get a couple of surveys in the past few weeks, but it's still very very slow. Even Mechanical Turk has been a bit slower than usual for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was getting multiple invites every day and so today I had time to sit down and go through them all.  I think I did 2, and one was in a different language, so I will be paying more attention when they hit my inbox.  I can't even imagine how many I passed up.

• 1 month later...

Prolific give me new surveys every day as a british citizen using a british company. Maybe you live abroad. However the surveys get filled very quickly so I have to keep a Prolific tab open at all times as most of them end up filling their quota within 30 minutes, sometimes even 5 minutes. Did you fill out your entire "about you" demographic?

I can earn somewhere between £1-15 a day using Prolific.