Survey burn out anyone else having it ?

Lurkergirl

I did what they claimed was a follow up survey ,but when I went in to it ,it was not that ,and looking back I should have written down what the actual survey was ,so after 2 weeks of trying to get  my payment for it ,they told me it was a follow up and no points would be given ,I liked the site previously  but this was the proverbial straw which broke the camels back . So where I once had multiple survey sites to use and do ,I am down to 3 now ,with  1 the surveys are getting worse ,the other one is a 1-3 times a year survey  place ,and then the 3rd one ,is a mess but so far I can cash out  better than the other ones , I guess I am just burned out ,lately I have been doing one ,then all the sudden the survey just seems to go to another new one ,where eventually I get sorry this survey is no longer available or you may have all ready done it .

• Sad 1

I’m so sorry you’re having problems with these survey sites. No, you’re not the only one having some burnout. I’m down to about five survey sites. Out of those five, there are three which net me anything significant. I feel there has been a downward trend in the number of quality surveys out there. Notice I said quality surveys. There are a ton of surveys, but maybe 1 out of 100 are even decent or have a chance to successfully complete. It seems survey sites are arbitrarily dumping long time panel members and screwing them left and right. 

It really does get old, and my patience with this is wearing thin. Some days, I don’t even want to log in, but somehow I’m still working surveys seven days a week. I’m appalled and disgusted at the reprehensible behavior of some of these survey sites and how they treat their survey takers. There should be a lot more government regulation of treatment of survey panel members. I feel many of the tactics of survey sites are sketchy at best, and downright illegal at worst. Some of them should be criminally prosecuted. If a regular company treated their employees like that, they probably wouldn’t be in business long. 

But remember, none of us are employees. We are considered independent contractors. Independent contractors really have no rights, and are usually treated like crap. 

There may come a time when I move on to other income opportunities like donating plasma. I’ve often thought of that when I’m having a bad day working surveys.

One thing that can help is to start putting these sites on blast on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, etc. Also, leave reviews on BBB, Sitejabber, Yelp, etc. More of the general public see these reviews and maybe some of these survey sites will get their act together. Okay, probably not, but it’s fun to put someone on blast on social media. 

Geez, I wrote a book here! I think many feel like you do. You’re not alone. 

• Thanks 2

To some degree , yes. It can get tedious at times doing the same ones over and over. But , they do pay. Doing about 7-8 sites. 

7 hours ago, episemion said:

To some degree , yes. It can get tedious at times doing the same ones over and over. But , they do pay. Doing about 7-8 sites. 

Wow I am sure its been ages since I was a member of that many places ,lately as I have bad problems with companies I just drop them .I am down to about 1 on a regular bases ,1 that is  not very may surveys they send  but its not often ,then another one well I get disqualified so much I am unsure why I am still a member there .

• Like 1