Did You Ever Get Disgusted and Take a Break from a Survey Site?

Sandy21

Prize Rebel.. I can spend more than a half hour going round and round and never getting as much as a penny. A waste of time so dropped them.

Currently frustrated with Survey Junkie, having been with them since 2018. Something fishy going on with them as of mid August.. they have been unresponsive .. as all of a sudden they want a photo ID and when I inquired they gave me instructions to click on what doesn't exist on their site.. then I told them it doesn't exist.. so they would call me.. it has been over a week and no call.  They were never the most reliable but they used to respond and pay out was reasonably quick

21 hours ago, Mommabear said:

Prize Rebel.. I can spend more than a half hour going round and round and never getting as much as a penny. A waste of time so dropped them.

Currently frustrated with Survey Junkie, having been with them since 2018. Something fishy going on with them as of mid August.. they have been unresponsive .. as all of a sudden they want a photo ID and when I inquired they gave me instructions to click on what doesn't exist on their site.. then I told them it doesn't exist.. so they would call me.. it has been over a week and no call.  They were never the most reliable but they used to respond and pay out was reasonably quick

Will surely avoid these sites. THANKS

• Like 1

I don't do nearly as many panels as I used to do.  On a Facebook group I belong to called mashupmom, the owner of the site belongs to Pinecone ,and she mentioned that they were taking ne people again.  She loves the site.  I used to belong to them, but then I went out of town, and I did not do a couple of the surveys they went, and I got removed from the panel. 

13 hours ago, NFriday said:

I don't do nearly as many panels as I used to do.  On a Facebook group I belong to called mashupmom, the owner of the site belongs to Pinecone ,and she mentioned that they were taking ne people again.  She loves the site.  I used to belong to them, but then I went out of town, and I did not do a couple of the surveys they went, and I got removed from the panel. 

Thanks for the tip and info! Much appreciated

I have been taking a break since June 2020 when I started getting unemployment and didn't really need the extra money. I was only doing Prolific, clearvoice and a couple of others. Then cut down to just Prolific. I will do others from time to time if the pay is good. But now that my unemployment has run out i'll have to go back to doing all of my sites regularly again. It was a nice vacation from surveys, I didn't have the stress, my mood wasn't ruined for the day. I will miss that peace of mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I’m taking a break from One Opinion. They have a ridiculous high cash out, and their surveys are crap. They are owned by Dynata, a crappy company in itself. I feel like I waste way too much time trying to complete a survey, only to be told after many questions that I’m not qualified. So I’ll give it some time. I don’t think they magically will become good like they used to be, and probably will dump them. I already dumped Point Club. They sucked too. 

I gave up on One Opinion. They used to be great, but I started qualifying for less surveys and it was taking up too much of my time. I used to use those cards towards my internet bill. So unfortunate to lose one source of supplemental income. 

I mostly just do surveys to get Amazon GC.  I get replacement heads for my electric toothbrush, and I purchase three supplements I am on.  I also occasionally get books and CDs and get socks.  I can always find something I can use on Amazon.  I also got a microwave last year on Amazon, and got my stereo there too.  I have lots of dental bills coming up, but no way would I make enough doing surveys to come up with all of the money.  I am sure if I looked hard enough, I could find myself a part time job if I desperately needed the money.  The post office is hiring right now, and I live one block from them.  I could also get a job at Whole Foods. There are lots of jobs out there right now, but they are not always jobs people are interested in.  Restaurants are hurting for workers, and a tortilla factory in Chicago can't find enough workers to keep up with demand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm lucky because all the sites I have joined are pretty good though I haven't joined that many.... Only three and 1 of them doesn't exist anymore... One of the sites I belong to is called "knowledgepanel" I have cashed out like $2,000 from this site though it has taken me several years but I think is a decent amount! Now, I have tried some survey sites that have great reviews but I just fail to understand why those sites have such good reviews... My guess is that people who have reviewed those sites used to make part of panels where they would never receive any surveys or maybe they would get paid 10 cents for 40 minute surveys so one day they discovered a survey site that pays 30 cents for 40 minute surveys and they can't help but assume that those survey sites are "wonderful".... now, I also wonder if some people who leave those nice reviews were paid to say those things.

Now,  I think something that has probably increased my likelihood of receiving well paid surveys is the fact that I'm hispanic and for some reason survey sites seem to have a preference for so called "minorities"... something I don't really agree with... I mean, it's nice that they are sending me those surveys (often in spanish) but I don't really agree with affirmative actions... I don't think people should receive special favors just because of their ethnicity, race, gender etc... I'm definitely not a liberal.

• Like 1