Recent Fetch Rewards Experiences?

Njsurveyman

I recently came across Fetch Rewards, which seems to be similar to Coinout and Receiot Hog (but with higher ratings on the app store) At first, I was getting over 1,000 pts for my first few receipts, but now only getting 25 - 50 pts. each. Looks like you need 27,000 pts to cash out for a $25 VISA card. Therefore, could take a while unless rewards are based on receipt totals. Anyone have experiences with them? Worth it?

On a Chicago area deals group I belong to, I just asked if anybody belonged to Fetch, and three people said they did, but two of them said they did not always keep up with the scanning of the receipts.  One person said she just joined them two months ago, and she already is eligible for a $25 Dunkin GC.  Somebody else said though that it has taken her two years to accumulate enough points for a $50 GC, but she does not always get around to scanning her receipts.  Apparently it is also good at Dollar Tree and Aldi's.  Dollar Tree I go in maybe once a year, and Aldi's I go in maybe every 2-3 months.  I looked at the list of items you can get points on, and the only ones I buy on a regular basis are Brownberry, Thomas, Cottonelle, Tropicana and Healthy Choice frozen.

Supposedly you can scan any receipt and they will pay you $.25 per receipt.  I only accumulate around eight receipts a month though, and I don't eat a lot of processed food, and so just for the receipts I would get $24 a year, and I don't know if that would be worth it for me.  I buy some stuff off of Amazon because I have the GC.

I signed up from fetch in july. I don't have many receipts to scan. So sometimes I find a cash receipt from the previous shopper left in the cart and I scan that. I get the most yield from sharing my Amazon activity, items that ship count. I purchase a lot on amazon and made a $5 Amazon gift card already.

• Like 1

I was wondering if you could scan receipts from other customers, and I guess you can.  I had to get an oil change for my car today, and they gave me a receipt, and supposedly you can even scan those.  It seems like somebody could have all their friends saving their receipts for them, and having 100 receipts to scan though.  

I did a live market research study in Chicago last Spring.  The only live one I have done since the pandemic started, and they emailed me a virtual visa, and it was a pain in the butt to finally get it.  If I used it online at one of the select businesses, it was worth an additional 5%, but Amazon was not on the list, and there were really no other places I could see myself using it.  I then decided to just deposit it in my Amazon account, and because the visa card was $125, Amazon gave me an additional $15, for depositing over $100 in my account.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:27 AM, NFriday said:

I was wondering if you could scan receipts from other customers, and I guess you can.  I had to get an oil change for my car today, and they gave me a receipt, and supposedly you can even scan those.  It seems like somebody could have all their friends saving their receipts for them, and having 100 receipts to scan though.  

I did a live market research study in Chicago last Spring.  The only live one I have done since the pandemic started, and they emailed me a virtual visa, and it was a pain in the butt to finally get it.  If I used it online at one of the select businesses, it was worth an additional 5%, but Amazon was not on the list, and there were really no other places I could see myself using it.  I then decided to just deposit it in my Amazon account, and because the visa card was $125, Amazon gave me an additional $15, for depositing over $100 in my account.

I turned off location services, so that fetch doesn't have record of my GPS. the iPhone reported that they were very keen on retail locations I had persisted at for a while. They probably watch were you've been. Yesterday I bought a texas lottery ticket for the powerball, 450mil, and fetch took that. I don't shop stores that much, so I pick up receipts. I have a Sharpie in my pocket. If folding the receipt doesn't obscure the Credit card info, I redact it.

I had not thought about the credit card info.  I used to pay with cash a lot more than I do now.  The only place I pay with cash now is the farmers market, and last year I often paid with my debit card there, because some of the sellers there did not want to give cash back, but this year they will.  I've found out that when I pay with my debit card, I'm not as aware of how much I am spending.  The grocery store I shop at most Jewel does not allow you to pay with cash if you use their self checkout. 

I am just saying that you can not submit 100 receipts in a month.  That is all I have accumulated this week is two receipts.  I don't go out to eat that much, and it takes me tmonths to go through a tank of gas.  I am wondering why the want a receipt of a lottery ticket purchase though?  What is in it for them?

16 hours ago, NFriday said:

I am wondering why the want a receipt of a lottery ticket purchase though?  What is in it for them?

I was just curious if I could do it, and get credit. I'll find out if lottery tickets pass muster with them. Fetch didn't recognize "Texas Lotto", so I had to manually type in the Store, H-E-B.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your feedback. What is the receipt limit per week? I get 25 points for just about every receipt which basically equates to about 2 cents per receipt when compared with the prizes offered. Every now and then if you buy one of their featured products like General Mills Cereal last week, got me 200 pts for a single receipt. Otherwise, everything is 25 pts after the initial 2,000 pts for your first couple receiots after joining. I submit at least 10 receipts per week (my wife gives me hers too) and havent hit any limit yet. I just hope they don't become like Coinout and start requiring your email password info to monitor online purchases. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, Njsurveyman said:

I recently came across Fetch Rewards, which seems to be similar to Coinout and Receiot Hog (but with higher ratings on the app store) At first, I was getting over 1,000 pts for my first few receipts, but now only getting 25 - 50 pts. each. Looks like you need 27,000 pts to cash out for a $25 VISA card. Therefore, could take a while unless rewards are based on receipt totals. Anyone have experiences with them? Worth it?

I'm nearing two months of use and the scanned receipts usually are accepted, for some reason the Fetch AI thinks all Lowes are the same store. I go to Lowes hardware and the AI thinks I'm shopping the grocery store. only a few scanned receipts were declined and I was testing what the AI would accept. But it does TERRIBLE on online shopping. The app scans the email activity and logs into Amazon if access is granted. I do Amazon Reviews and Coupons, I usually run about  forty to fifty orders a month, most paid by amazon codes from surveys and recycled rebates,  but Fetch only picks up half. Fetch Support is lame. So, after I make the ten dollar payout threshold, I'm replacing the app.

• Like 1

It seems like it will be forever before I can cash out. I have been with them for 2.5 months now and only accumulated about 8,000 pts so far. I believe I need around 25,000 to cash out for a Virtual Visa card. Its so easy to take pics of all my receipts, so I will stick it out with them.