Branded surveys disincentives

schludermann

Branded uses a router, surveyrouter.com, and lately have stated a new campaign, "The Null Survey". Branded first lures participation offers a high point, low duration on the dash board, posts the reason you qualified. Reasons like age, sex, having a pulse and an IQ above room temperature.

Then when the survey is suppose to start, it stops on "No Surveys for You". 

I guess this should be a relief, the router blew up. However, why not be transparent and just state it's a router on the dash board?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I know this is a rhetorical question. :) Because they, like many other survey sites, are sketchy and terrible. With a few exceptions, most of them only want your personal data so they can sell it to everyone and their dog. They also like to screw survey takers out of any money, which I find reprehensible. These sites need much more government regulation. Right now, it’s a free for all, and they can do whatever they want. With the labor movement demanding better working conditions and a living wage, the survey industry is way behind the times in the treatment and pay of their survey takers, without whom wouldn’t be in business to begin with. Many of these survey sites should be permanently shut down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was ready to check out with Branded yesterday,  had accumulated just over 15 dollars,  problem is I couldn't find the redeem button.   Then I went to look at my history and found out that I had not completed a survey since the 24th of September.  The last dozen or so surveys in the list said "technical error".  So they are not allowing me to qualify for a survey and I can't check out.  I Emailed them,  let's see how long it takes them to respond.   Anyone else experiencing a problem with Branded or do they just have it in for me?  I really do get tired of this. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 10:25 PM, Duck said:

I was ready to check out with Branded yesterday,  had accumulated just over 15 dollars,  problem is I couldn't find the redeem button.   Then I went to look at my history and found out that I had not completed a survey since the 24th of September.  The last dozen or so surveys in the list said "technical error".  So they are not allowing me to qualify for a survey and I can't check out.  I Emailed them,  let's see how long it takes them to respond.   Anyone else experiencing a problem with Branded or do they just have it in for me?  I really do get tired of this. 

Branded finally got back to me,  here was the response:

da406fb0af2d9b41dc63cdae213b22c5?size=40

Cassie S. (Branded Surveys)

Sep 30, 2021, 3:51 PM PDT

Hello 

Thank you for reaching out to Branded Surveys.

At times we will check to ensure the quality of your survey answers. It has been brought to our attention that your responses could use some improvement.

We've removed the flag from your account, and ask that moving forward you display care while answering surveys.

We appreciate your time and attention to this matter. 

Thank you,
Cassie

My response to Cassie is,  okay what the heck ever.  I haven't changed the way I do surveys in the almost three years that I have had an account with Branded.  So here is what I plan to do,  participate in far less surveys.  You don't like the way I do them,   then I'll do  just a couple a week and spend the rest of my time on panels that appreciate my business.  I will however take your 5 free poll points every day.

• Like 3

Disincentives? Well, there's the truly rotten pay rate for starters, no matter what the shills in the review section may claim to the contrary. Then there's the high screen-out rate and the way the site doesn't usually tell you when you've been screened-out, you just find yourself moved to a different survey and a load more screening questions. If Peanut Labs wasn't around I'd name this as the worst survey site I've dealt with.