What happened to my panel?

annynickname

Hi... So I have been part of a  survey panel since 2018.. From 2018 until mid 2021 I cashed about $400... that's a decent amount I think... however starting August 2021 things got even better because everyday there were about 40 surveys available and each was worth $2.25.. now, some surveys would only take me like 7 minutes however others would take me like 1 hour to complete... I was completing an average of 12 surveys a day and I in these 6 or 7 weeks weeks I managed to make $1,300! however this afternoon something changed... there weren't any surveys available! I contacted my panel but their answer didn't satisfy me.. they said something like " there's a quota for every survey and once that quota has been fulfilled the surveys are removed from the site"... I didn't like such answer because sometimes I wouldn't qualify for those surveys but I would still see the surveys at the site and other times I would be told that they had already reached the quota of responses required for the survey...

So what happened? do you think maybe the survey makers didn't like my responses anymore? these surveys contained "quality questions" so I was careful about taking my  time to answer each question.. Maybe these surveys were seasonal? but I find strange that they would stop sending surveys when the holiday season is about to start... I mention this because I received lots of surveys regarding holiday advertisement.. Or could it be that a hacker is taking all these surveys? the other day the people in charge of this panel stated that they were having some problems because for some strange reason some panelists were completing all their  surveys in only 5 minutes when the average time is at least 20 minutes as a result the client didn't want to pay for those surveys completed.

This survey panel would send me surveys from different panel sites such as knowledgepanel... however I would get paid more than what those sites pay. I mean, I'm also part of knowledgepanel and at that site I usually get paid only $1 for each survey... and sometimes I don't even get paid anything! (knowledgepanel used to be a lot better a few yers ago).. I would also get 1 daily survey from "poprewards" and again, the survey was worth $2.25... however if I try joining poprewards' site I don't see surveys that pay that well.

What are your thoughts? why did they stop sending surveys?

Thank you.

Have you contacted the survey company to ask them why you are not receiving any more surveys?  There is a good chance you were removed from the panel.  Either they don't like your answers, or you are rushing through the surveys.  You know they are going to send you a 1099 if they have not already, and you will have to declare the money on your taxes.  I have never made anywhere close to $1,300 from one survey company, let alone in less than two months.  I thought I was doing good because this week I have made $35 in Amazon GC.

I  have done some surveys for Pop Rewards through another survey company.  Either Clear Voice or Valued Opinions, and all I have gotten paid is I think $.25.  It has been awhile since I have done a survey for them though.  I am older, and I don't have any children, and so a lot of survey companies don't want me..

• Like 1

Hi Nfriday. Thank you so much for your input. Yes, I contacted my survey panel but their answer didn't make much sense... they said something like "once a survey's quota of responses has been fulfilled the survey is removed from the site"..this answer didn't satisfy me because for the last 8 weeks or so I could access the surveys and even if they had already reached their quota... I would still see the surveys at the site and when I would try to take it I would get a message saying "sorry, we've already reached the quota of responses for this survey".

I haven't been removed from this pane because I still receive surveys but they are not the kind of surveys I was receiving for  the last 8 weeks..Now, I wasn't rushing at all through the surveys... Most surveys would take me around 1 hour to complete even though they were predicted to only take 25 minutes to complete...And if they didn't like my answers why did it take them so long to notice it? Maybe you're totally right... but I'm just wondering..

You have never been able to make around $1,000 from a survey company? have you been part of a survey panel for several years? I'm asking because I'm also part of this other survey company called "knowledgepanel" and I have managed to make more than $1,000 at that site..however it has taken me several years.

Indeed not having kids disqualify us from many surveys.... however... do you drink alcohol? do you smoke? do you eat out? I notice that they also like people who do those things.... I don't  ever smoke nor drink so I get disqualified from many surveys...However I'm hispanic and speak spanish and for this reason they send me many surveys.

I never make any where near $1,000 from a survey company.  About the most I have made from an individual survey company has been $200 in one year.  I don't smoke or drink a lot or go out to eat very often, and I don't have kids or make $100,000 a year, and I am not a minority person.  The only surveys I do well with is for people on medicare.  I have done at least two market research projects for people on medicare, and I am in an online medicare panel right now that I just made $5 today, and I am going to make $30 next week from them.  I have been with them for a year.  I also did an online panel maybe four years ago run by AARP, in which I was a member for a year, and I got at least a $10 Amazon GC once a month, and some months I got more, and it only took me about 30 minutes a month.

• Like 1

Are you saying that you still get surveys from them, but they are not the $5.50 surveys you were getting before, and you do not consider them worth your time and effort?  U rarely get surveys worth $5.50.  I got one recently, but they are really rare.  Most of my surveys are worth $1 or less.

• Like 1

Mneleona.. You're right... I'm going to keep checking...

Nfriday.. They weren't $5.50 surveys... they were $2.25 surveys.. I liked them because my likelihood of qualifying for those surveys was pretty high... As a result I was taking around 12 surveys a day..(I'm unemployed).. The   very few surveys that  I'm now getting aren't only at most $1  but additionally I rarely qualify...

What was the $5.50  survey about? Thank you

The $5.50 survey was a Valued Opinions one from Consumer Checkbook, where they asked me to rate garden centers I believe.  I got another one from them that paid $3.50 a while back that was also a Consumer Checkbook one that I think asked me to rate my doctors.  If I really needed the money, instead of spending 20 hours a week doing surveys for $3 an hour, I could get a part time job at the post office or Whole Foods that would pay me at least $15 an hour.  I did some work for the census two years ago that paid really well, but then six months later they asked me to work for them again.  They were going to pay me $25 an hour, but I would be going door to door at the beginning of the pandemic, and I just decided it was not worth getting COVID, and I turned them down.  If it was not for the pandemic, I would have jumped at the chance.

• Like 1

Thank you NFriday for sharing that information! For me it's not easy finding a job because I lack social skills.... I suffer from social anxiety which means I'm not good at talking with other people and unfortunately for me, pretty much all jobs require social skills. Do you know of any jobs that require ZERO social skills? I don't care how much they pay! even if they pay $7/hour I would take them as long as they don't require social skills. Some years ago I tried a data entry job but they fired me even though my typing and accuracy were great... I suspect they fired me because of my lack of social skills.

Have you ever heard of a company called "Pearson"? if you like working from home... this company hires people for scoring students' tests.... the only requirement is any college degree . however this job is only available during the spring which is the time when students take standardized tests. Now, if you have a teaching background then you are likely to find jobs as a scorer all throughout the year.