Harris Poll

jellyfish

Hi Jellyfish!

I've been signed up for them for at least a year. I don't get a whole lot of surveys from them, although it seemed like I got more at the onset than I do now. The biggest drawback IMO is that you don't know how many points you (potentially) earn when you get a survey invitation. You find out at the end of the survey. On the plus side, their surveys are fairly short and easy to take (15 minutes or less), and I usually qualify for most surveys, so you don't get that whole "waste a chunk of time only to find out you're not qualified" scenario. Good luck!

Hi ratsing! :)

Thank you for your input! It's nice to kind of know what to expect.

One more question I have; have you cashed out with them or redeemed any points? Are they good about that?

Yes, I've redeemed points for a Target gift card (which I don't think is available anymore) and got it via snail mail within a week IIRC. They do have Paypal cash outs now so I'll probably go that route in the future. HTH :)

I've been with them for about a decade now. They are ok, not a lot of surveys. Sort of like zoompanel when it comes to earning points and their prize system is similar. I like harris, but it takes years for me to get enough to cash out for something decent and worthwhile. I give them a 3 outta 5 stars.

Yes, I've redeemed points for a Target gift card (which I don't think is available anymore) and got it via snail mail within a week IIRC. They do have Paypal cash outs now so I'll probably go that route in the future. HTH :)

Yes that does help, thank you! :D

Hi,

I have been with Harris for about 5 years now and never quite managed to earn enough to cash out. Recently they changed over from gift catalogues to paypal, and when you reach 2500 points you can cash out for £25 paypal and specify the paypal account name you want the money sent to. Right now I have about £19. I am in UK and the average is about 30p for a 5 minutes survey and 15 minutes pays about £1 - I get about maybe 2-3 invitations per week. I think the survey format is easy on the eye and they are a reliable site and not too taxing on the brain too, with surveys about fuel, shopping and education. Nothing heavy man!

good luck with them - persevere - its worth it

Regards

LizzieAnn

Hi LizzieAnn,

Thank you for that wealth of information! I am looking forward to doing their surveys after reading your post.

Am I misunderstanding though that you can ONLY cash out via PayPal with them? I do not have a PayPal acct.

I think they may let you choose something from the old catalogue if you contact them.

I have been with them for four years, but have only had my own computer for just over a year so was not active on the site for that whole time. I have over 2400 points so expect to be cashing in very soon.

Last month I completed a survey and then was received and email inviting me to take part in a online forum. For just over 1hr 30 mins I received cheque for £40, which I received in less then a week.

Stick with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to be of help, jellyfish, I know you can specify which paypal account you cash out to, as my husband uses our one, so I don't have one either. I am interested to hear about your invitation to an online discussion group, kell, because I have never yet been successful in doing one of these and would really love to. What a great incentive!

good luck all

LizzieAnn :D

Wow, that was a quick about-face that Harris just pulled on me. I went to redeem some points last night (Sunday the 10th) and noticed there was no Paypal option. I sent them a message via their website link and got this reply

We apologize for any inconvenience that changes to our award Folios have been to you. The item you are inquiring about is no longer available.

They do offer Amazon GC's now in lieu of the Paypal option, so I shouldn't complain...but still....

Wow, that was a quick about-face that Harris just pulled on me. I went to redeem some points last night (Sunday the 10th) and noticed there was no Paypal option. I sent them a message via their website link and got this reply
We apologize for any inconvenience that changes to our award Folios have been to you. The item you are inquiring about is no longer available.

They do offer Amazon GC's now in lieu of the Paypal option, so I shouldn't complain...but still....

Personally I prefer Amazon GC's so that's a plus for me!