What is the most anybody has made doing surveys in one year?

NFriday

I am just wondering what is the most anybody has made doing surveys in one year?  There is somebody that used to post on here, who made tons of money, but I have not seen him in ages.  Did anybody make enough money that they had to pay taxes on it?

• Like 1

I've never made enough to pay taxes on any given year doing surveys. I guess my best year I made a bit over $400 for the year. But then again, I don't spend eight hours a day doing surveys. Maybe 1-2 hours at the most before I get bored and move on to something else.

I made like $2000 using dscout last year. They are fun and easy to use. Now I tend to do smaller instant surveys, like $5 a pop, instead of larger market research projects with them.

I looked at dscout, and it sounds like it is an app you have to download, and I've never done an app.  I have a smart phone that is probably four years old by Alcatel.  I only paid $100 for it.  I am eventually going to get a new phone, but I don't want to pay $600 or more for a new phone.  I don't use my cell phone a whole lot.  I mostly use my landline when I make calls, but people can't text you on your landline.  I have never made anywhere near $2,000 doing surveys in one year.  I don't have the best demographics.  I am older and I don't have any kids and I am not Hispanic, and I don't make $100,000 a year.  I wish I could get in another communispace panel.  I was involved in one for a year with AARP that paid me at least $10 a month for only 15 minutes.  If they had a survey that was longer, I got paid more.  Right now I am on a Medicare panel that I got through Clear Voice, and they send me at least one survey a month which only takes me a few minutes to do, and I get a $5 Amazon GC right away.  Sometimes I get more than one survey a month, and on two different occasions I have gotten a $30 Amazon GC for doing a 30 minute Zoom session with them.  I have been with them for a year, and I hope they don't dump me soon.

I have probably made over $500 in the last year doing market research and surveys, but I only did one market research study that paid me $125.  I am on lots of market research panels, but I am not eligible for most of the studies.  It seems like most of the studies I have qualified for are for people who are on Medicare, or I had one a few years ago that paid really well where they had me try on a hearing aid, and I had to tell them how easy it was to get on and replace the batteries, and they asked my opinion about the instructions that came with it.  That one they paid me $225 in cash, and I was there for 1 1/2 hours.  I also had one that I did through Zoom where they were looking for people with dry eyes, and they were showing me some of the advertising they were considering for a new medicine for dry eyes.  I got paid $125 for that.  I also got a free web camera. That was before the pandemic started though,

typically I would make 1K-2K in amazon codes, spread across dozens of panels, I kept under the 1099 tigger one year it was about 3K, that was ten to eighteen hours a day, in an anti-gravity lawn chair, on the bus, in the grocery stores, no TV, no pets, no GF, just surveys until i fell asleep with the laptop on my thighs, A few big classaction settlements. But I'm way down now closer to 1K, panels got worse and burnout. Then I discovered doing Amazon reviews for a couple of years. I was able to leverage and recycle the amazon codes with rebates and triple the Amazon activity for almost no money down!  Like survey panels there's some real lousy sites out there, I found them and skipped out early. I was running about 30 orders a month typically, and got up to 50. You're not going to make money testing a reviewing, but if you know which sites to use and find good seller agents. You can Amazon codes, cash back CC, pester Amazon customer service and they'll through some coursey credits to get you of chat and pretyy much buy what you're interested in for nearly free, Less taxes, Paypal fees and schlepping to the Amazon locker. I was Xmas shopping all year. Now if I had a GF to give some of these presents too, I'd get my closet space back, for moar Amazon.:) If you're interested, I can help prepare the expectations, coach how to mask this activity from Amazon, create passable reviews and the more reasonable review sites, DM me.

I can't see myself doing 30 orders a month at Amazon.  There are not that many things I need even if I do get them for free.  I order from Amazon maybe once every two months.  .

I probably get about a hundred or so on surveys. I use the gift cards for gifts like for my granddaughters who will get a  $10.00 GC for Starbucks as well as other gifts. I am 83 and do not qualify for a lot.