Changes to Opinion Outpost - are they spying on YOU?!

jellyfish

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• KBLover

• zeekers

• majax79

majax....yep, all I can say is WOW too. Sure would be nice if they shared their good fortune with us. But no, they'll keep screwing the good people and laugh all the way to the bank. The joke's on me, I signed up with Ipsos about a month or two ago, haven't qualified for anything, so might as well cancel out. Gosh I hate my luck.

I can believe it. Any company that has employees (us) working for next to nothing and no benifits has got to make big bucks. But hell, there are thousands willing to do 30 minute surveys for a dollar. That means they don't give a damn about us.

gene...I refuse to take any 30 minute survey for a lousy buck, but like you said there are a thousand more to take my place, so they get away with it. What I don't understand is we treat taking a survey like a job (because to me in a way it is,) put thought into the answers, while there are those who just hurry and right through. Can't these companies see the good folks from the ones who really are doing it just for a buck? For crying out loud they boot people out for some crazy reasons, why not be good to us with a nicer reward? I just don't get it. I wouldn't have a business if I ran it like some of these companies. So why do we all keep doing surveys? Are we suckers for punishment or what? (lol) I like to think I'm making a positive change in the world, or perhaps helping a company improve upon a product, and most of the time I do have fun and learn something new. That is why I will keep doing surveys....for the sites that treat me decent, but once their gone so am I. I can't punish them for the other idiots.

After reading the little article this grabbed me

In 2011, Ipsos said, it will focus on hiring new people, assigning dedicated staff to clients, developing new services with online subsidiary OTX

SCREW OFF WITH OTX!!!!!

WHAT???!!! How on earth did I miss that? Darn dog wanted out, and I got side tracked. Well, should we try to look at that as possibly Ipsos may do a "house cleaning" and things may change for the better? I know you've had a lot of frustration greeneyeddevil as well as I, however, maybe if we give Ipsos a little time and see if things change for the better. We can still send OTX to Deletesville Hell and take the other surveys we get. I don't know. I hate to be so negative with these companies and in here complaining to everyone all the time. I'm a happy-go-lucky person and try to find humor in everything, but I can't find any humor with companies like OTX. What is it with them? They realized we got tired of the abuse and wouldn't do their surveys, so they dress like a wolf in sheep's clothing and use the back door to other companies to send surveys. We caught that deceitful little trick, so what can OTX do next? I feel like I'm playing that game Mouse Trap. (lol) Anybody remember that game? :-)

I'm just gonna keep sending OTX to Deletesville Hell. At least I get a little enjoyment out of that.

That site is a great resource to see the other side of the survey world and what's going on in the market research business.

If anyone has any other websites they know of to get the inside scoop please let us know.

I just can't believe they made over 1 billion.

Can't these companies see the good folks from the ones who really are doing it just for a buck? For crying out loud they boot people out for some crazy reasons, why not be good to us with a nicer reward?

They'd have to realize you get what you pay more.

I bet we'd take a lot more of their time wasting aspects if they paid a real amount of money. But when you pay $2 an hour - and then do your best to try to trap and trick people, what quality can you realistically expect?

So why do we all keep doing surveys? Are we suckers for punishment or what? (lol)

I only do a survey if I can make about $7/hr out of it. Otherwise, I don't.

It's mildly cool to see something and I can say "hey I did a survey on that" and see how it actually turned out, etc, but that's a bonus - not a driving force for me.

Got a response about the OTX survey thing.

They said its because OTX and Ipsos merged so the surveys still have OTXs name on it but is not from OTX but from Ipsos (I guess?)

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are fully aware that you have

already opted not to receive any more OTX surveys. However, we must inform

you that OTX (68013) is already part of IPSOS (39608), Which explains why

the invite contains OTX's name, inviting you to take their survey. We are

currently working on resolving this issue. For the meantime, if you do not

wish to take their surveys, please ignore them, or you may request that we

remove them for you (just by providing us with the survey number/s).

Now to this I say...what? So if they are merged - why did you put in the option in to block OTX when OTX is a part of Ipsos and you know this...so...what's the point of the option?!

Why not just put in option for blocking Ipsos then? Or have the option block both? If OTX is a part of Ipsos and I don't want OTX...seems like simple logic to me?

Got a response about the OTX survey thing.

They said its because OTX and IPSOS merged so the surveys still have OTXs name on it but is not from OTX but from IPSOS (I guess?)

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are fully aware that you have

already opted not to receive any more OTX surveys. However, we must inform

you that OTX (68013) is already part of IPSOS (39608), Which explains why

the invite contains OTX's name, inviting you to take their survey. We are

currently working on resolving this issue. For the meantime, if you do not

wish to take their surveys, please ignore them, or you may request that we

remove them for you (just by providing us with the survey number/s).

Now to this I say...what? So if they are merged - why did you put in the option in to block OTX when OTX is a part of Ipsos and you know this...so...what's the point of the option?!

Why not just put in option for blocking Ipsos then? Or have the option block both? If OTX is a part of Ipsos and I don't want OTX...seems like simple logic to me?

Same story they're giving me. For over a month now. Kind of ridiculous, don't you think? I don't think they are ever going to fix this. It's a joke.

Same story they're giving me. For over a month now. Kind of ridiculous, don't you think? I don't think they are ever going to fix this. It's a joke.

Yeah, it's like they are just trying to placate folks so they think it's being worked on.

I mean, if it's just a matter of the name being wrong - why can't they just go a Find/Replace for OTX -> Ipsos? And change the option accordingly?

Insane. I'm with you, they probably won't fix it.

• 2 months later...

I didn't have time to read all the posts in this topic, but you can deal with unwanted cookies by adjusting your browser settings. This is easiest to do, IMHO, if you use Google Chrome. The only survey site I will go when not on GC is Pinecone. When in Chrome, click on the wrench, click on Options, click on Under the Hood, click on Content Settings, click on Ignore exceptions and block third-party cookies from being set. Easy peasy.