Anybody have any experience with task rabbit?

NFriday

Hi- Does anybody have any experience working with task rabbit.  I thought it would be good to pick up quick jobs such as shopping for one item, or delivering a paqckage to the post office, or waiting to let in the plumber, etc.  Are there any other similar job sites that you are familiar with?

Nobody has any experience working for Task Rabbit?  A lot of people hire them to put together a purchase at Ikea.  I am not sure if you can decide how much you are going to work for, or if you apply for a job where somebody has already stated how much they are willing to pay.  I was wondering if you can hire handymen through them too to do repairs to a wall?  

• 4 weeks later...

I've never WORKED for Task Rabbit, but I've hired them a few times. I know that they changed their pricing method some time back--it used to be that the 'rabbit' set their own rate, then I believe TR took over doing that. I also know they take a hefty chunk of whatever the rabbit makes on a task. They do provide things like background checks and stuff, which are good for both the customer and their reputation, but if you're not concerned with any benefits they may provide you might want to use NextDoor to let people in your neighborhood know you're available for various tasks. I see that all the time in my neighborhood on NextDoor, and I've actually hired someone that way (to clean my house), and it worked out really well. That way, you're in charge of the price AND you get to keep 100% of it!