Why ask this?

oldchap

Had a survey from Ipsos - got to question where they asked for full postal address. Couldn’t move on so put “refuse to answer” in street & town, gave postcode

I cannot think of any reason they would want this, other than for spam. Surely postcode gives location information 

19782878-E14F-46BB-A019-26BD2D22637A.thumb.png.26f9942478bfbfcc937beee260b477e5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a survey a few days ago from either Valued Opinion or Clear Voice that asked for my mailing address right at the beginning of the survey.  I opted out right away from that survey.  I could see if it was a market research study, and they needed your address to send you your gift card, or they wanted to send you an item to test, but not just for doing a survey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm ok with it when they ask it right away, because you can choose to continue or not. What upsets me is when you've spent 15 or 20 mins on the survey, are about to complete it, and it requires your address at the end with zero warnings or ways to opt out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been asked that before and I have given my address and I always get DQ so I am reluctant to give that now unless its for a product test which are hard to come by now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1