political surveys

rpc51769

Almost all of us have taken surveys where we complete them, but do not get credit. Recently, I have taken two political surveys where upon completion, I am thanked, being told that my views are helpful, but I got shafted at the end. Is this happening to anyone else?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rpc51769 said:

Almost all of us have taken surveys where we complete them, but do not get credit. Recently, I have taken two political surveys where upon completion, I am thanked, being told that my views are helpful, but I got shafted at the end. Is this happening to anyone else?

That has happened to me many times

The only political surveys I get are from YouGov, and there is only one survey that they did not give me points on, and that was probably six months ago.  When I sign up for a survey company, they might ask me about my political affiliation when I sign up with them, but that is the only time I get asked.  I did sign up for Forthnight tonight, and they did ask me that.  I still have to finish signing up with them.  They need to verify my phone number, and then hopefully they will send me some surveys.

This happens to me frequently. I have a three strike rule. Any survey site that does this to me three times in a row during one session gets dumped. 

• Like 3

This just happened to me today. I was redirected to a survey (on Survey Junkie) conducted by the University of Tennessee that was looking for my views on certain issues and then wanted to know my political affiliation. The survey took about 10 minutes or so. It was a pretty easy one and I took my time and gave thoughtful answers. At the very end were the demographic questions. I answered those and then got a "Please wait as you are redirected..." message. I was kicked back to Survey Junkie's site where I was told "This survey filled up" and given a lousy 2 points for my trouble. Hmmm. Is it possible they got too many respondents with similar/identical answers to the ones I gave? I find it odd because my demographics don't make me part of a very popular survey-taking group (woman in her 40s with a post-grad degree, not from a town with a huge population... for a metro-area suburb, anyway). 

I guess the most likely answer is that they just wanted to grab a bunch of info for free. I did reach out to the survey author. On their first page they had all this info detailing the survey and the academic institution. It said "If you have any questions or issues concerning this survey, please email..." and provided an email address. I did reach out to them about this. If I hear anything it'll probably be something blaming Survey Junkie for it (who always say it's out of their hands, so...).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, jessmac78 said:

This just happened to me today. I was redirected to a survey (on Survey Junkie) conducted by the University of Tennessee that was looking for my views on certain issues and then wanted to know my political affiliation. The survey took about 10 minutes or so. It was a pretty easy one and I took my time and gave thoughtful answers. At the very end were the demographic questions. I answered those and then got a "Please wait as you are redirected..." message. I was kicked back to Survey Junkie's site where I was told "This survey filled up" and given a lousy 2 points for my trouble. Hmmm. Is it possible they got too many respondents with similar/identical answers to the ones I gave? I find it odd because my demographics don't make me part of a very popular survey-taking group (woman in her 40s with a post-grad degree, not from a town with a huge population... for a metro-area suburb, anyway). 

I guess the most likely answer is that they just wanted to grab a bunch of info for free. I did reach out to the survey author. On their first page they had all this info detailing the survey and the academic institution. It said "If you have any questions or issues concerning this survey, please email..." and provided an email address. I did reach out to them about this. If I hear anything it'll probably be something blaming Survey Junkie for it (who always say it's out of their hands, so...).

This is the exact description of what happened to me today, exactly the same survey and same results. Very frustrating! Seems to happen a bit too much lately with Survey Junkie, which is my best constantly paying and cashing out site so far. Hope they fix the issues.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I should have posted this earlier, but I did reach out to the survey owner from the U of Tennessee (at the start page they provided an email address to contact if there were questions or issues). I did reach out to him and was surprised to receive a very courteous reply. He told me he was sorry this happened, that he's not sure why but he would like me to be compensated for the time it took me to complete the survey. He asked me how much it was worth and then sent the compensation to me on Venmo. I was pleasantly surprised. I guess even though Survey Junkie can be really frustrating, the individual survey owners really do want to help sometimes. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, jessmac78 said:

I should have posted this earlier, but I did reach out to the survey owner from the U of Tennessee (at the start page they provided an email address to contact if there were questions or issues). I did reach out to him and was surprised to receive a very courteous reply. He told me he was sorry this happened, that he's not sure why but he would like me to be compensated for the time it took me to complete the survey. He asked me how much it was worth and then sent the compensation to me on Venmo. I was pleasantly surprised. I guess even though Survey Junkie can be really frustrating, the individual survey owners really do want to help sometimes. 

A few years ago I found out the survey sites get paid more money to give to us but they end up keeping most of it and give us very little of it, especially the university surveys.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Something similar has been happening to me a lot lately, although not necessarily on political surveys. For the past week every single Qualtrics-based survey that I've taken has wasted my time by asking me questions for 15-20 minutes including the classification questions at the end, only for the survey to end with a "sorry this survey wasn't a good match for you!" message and not get credited at all, despite me taking my time and answering every text based question as fully as I can without speeding or falling for trap questions. :/

But on the subject of political surveys, my experience with them for the most part has been positive, although I usually have to lie and say that I'm a "strong liberal" rather than a moderate or conservative, because I noticed that picking anything other than liberal tends to disqualify you from the survey lol.

21 hours ago, Oshawott said:

Something similar has been happening to me a lot lately, although not necessarily on political surveys. For the past week every single Qualtrics-based survey that I've taken has wasted my time by asking me questions for 15-20 minutes including the classification questions at the end, only for the survey to end with a "sorry this survey wasn't a good match for you!" message and not get credited at all, despite me taking my time and answering every text based question as fully as I can without speeding or falling for trap questions. :/

But on the subject of political surveys, my experience with them for the most part has been positive, although I usually have to lie and say that I'm a "strong liberal" rather than a moderate or conservative, because I noticed that picking anything other than liberal tends to disqualify you from the survey lol.

Hmmm, I find it interesting that you lie on political surveys saying you're a "strong liberal", and supposedly get disqualed for that. I do not lie on surveys. I state what I truly am on political surveys - a strong liberal, and guess what? The vast majority of the time after I answer that particular question, I get disqualed. So I guess it works both ways. At least I'm truthful. Perhaps you should consider being truthful in the future. Honesty is the best policy, even though it may get you disqualed from surveys. Just sayin'.