Bizarre question about the color of the sky

LinuxPowered

Several months ago, I kept running into this weird question about the color of the *night* sky. Its choices were: orange, red, green, purple and black.

Because it kept coming up, I had multiple opportunities to answer it--and I went through ALL of its choices, but got kicked out with each one!

Note that there was no 'other' choice, it was not a trick question (like "don't answer this question" buried in the instructions at the top), and it was a must-fill question, so skipping it wasn't possible.

Since all five choices failed, I'm left wondering two things: what color *is* the night sky?, and what was the survey-maker smoking when they provided those five possible answers?! I'm also curious as to when they finally figured out that there was a problem--I mean, they COULDN'T have gotten any completed surveys, because there was no way to get past that question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It could be a consistency check, so once you provided your first answer, and was possibly screened not for this, but out for not fitting the required demographic, on subsequent occasions they were checking to make sure you gave the same response, and booted you when didn't.

11 hours ago, Oxo123 said:

It could be a consistency check, so once you provided your first answer, and was possibly screened not for this, but out for not fitting the required demographic, on subsequent occasions they were checking to make sure you gave the same response, and booted you when didn't.

But it was the very FIRST question! I had no opportunity to provide any other information, like demographics, because whichever answer I picked for this first question resulted in getting booted. IOW, the one and ONLY question I ever saw, and answered, was the night sky color question.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, LinuxPowered said:

Several months ago, I kept running into this weird question about the color of the *night* sky. Its choices were: orange, red, green, purple and black.

Because it kept coming up, I had multiple opportunities to answer it--and I went through ALL of its choices, but got kicked out with each one!

Note that there was no 'other' choice, it was not a trick question (like "don't answer this question" buried in the instructions at the top), and it was a must-fill question, so skipping it wasn't possible.

Since all five choices failed, I'm left wondering two things: what color *is* the night sky?, and what was the survey-maker smoking when they provided those five possible answers?! I'm also curious as to when they finally figured out that there was a problem--I mean, they COULDN'T have gotten any completed surveys, because there was no way to get past that question.

I’ve seen that question, it is weird and there is no right answer.