Anybody done any studies with hivemind lately?

NFriday

Hi-  Be Forthright told me last week that I might be eligible for a $150 market research project.  I finally heard back from the market research company that is doing the project.  This is a pharmacy study with Hivemind.  The  study says you will spend approximately three hours on the project, and you have five days to complete it.  I have no problem with that.  The problem is that they expect me to take video and pictures and download them.  The pictures I have no problems with, but how do I take video and download it when I don't have a video camera?  I do have a webcam.  Is there some way I can take video using my webcam?  I said I would be able to take video and download it, but I don't know if I can.  They are going to get back to me in five days to let me know if I am eligible for the project, and so there is a chance it will fall through anyway.  I did sign up with Hivemind for other potential projects too..

• Like 1

Yes, using your webcam you'll be able to upload videos. Do you have a smartphone? It should be able to take videos, too. Either way, whether with a computer or phone, you'll be able to take videos and then upload them. Do you know yet how they want you do do that? I mean, is there a portal you'll log in on and upload from there, or attach the files to e-mail, or what?

If you tell us what kind of computer and/or phone you're using (the operating system), we may be able to help. As my avatar indicates, I'm Linux-powered! I don't do and can't help with other OSes, but I'm sure other members can help. If you need help with Linux or Android, let me know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I echo what LinuxPowered says. As long as you have a webcam, the study probably has an interface where you can upload any videos. Also, if you have an Apple IPad, that is easy to upload videos on. I have a Windows PC and an IPad, so if you need any help on those, let me know. Best of luck on getting the study. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 8:14 PM, NFriday said:

Hi-  Be Forthright told me last week that I might be eligible for a $150 market research project.  I finally heard back from the market research company that is doing the project.  This is a pharmacy study with Hivemind.  The  study says you will spend approximately three hours on the project, and you have five days to complete it.  I have no problem with that.  The problem is that they expect me to take video and pictures and download them.  The pictures I have no problems with, but how do I take video and download it when I don't have a video camera?  I do have a webcam.  Is there some way I can take video using my webcam?  I said I would be able to take video and download it, but I don't know if I can.  They are going to get back to me in five days to let me know if I am eligible for the project, and so there is a chance it will fall through anyway.  I did sign up with Hivemind for other potential projects too..

Were you able to do the video?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just did a study with Hivemind which is going to pay me with a $15 electronic visa card.  It was about senses and was done by the University of Iowa.  I had to go onto my webcam, and then I had to read aloud two different pages.  They wanted to see how I sounded.  They first asked me if I ever felt overwhelmed or other things.  After I read aloud the two passages, they then asked me specific questions such as what the happiest thing was you remember doing as a child, and what you enjoy doing in your spare time.  I think I did everything correctly, but I am not sure.  I will see if I get the gift card.  How long does it take for them to send out the gift card?

I also did some surveys for LifePoints, Clear Voice and Valued Opinions.  I finally decided it was better to leave the rest of the surveys from Valued Opinions for another day..

• Like 1

I think they were looking for more people over the age of 65 to do the survey too.  They asked me if I knew anybody I could refer.  Maybe go to the Hive Mind website and see if the study is available if you are over the age of 65.  

I just looked on their website, and the study that I just did is not listed on their website.  They said it takes 7-14 days after the study is completed to get my visa gift card.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a two day study with Hivemind about a month ago on consumer health. They required that I upload my DL to prove my identity which now I’m regretting, but the study supposedly paid $150 on a tango card within 14 days of the close of the survey is what the email said. I did get an email after the study that said I qualified for an additional 60 minute live interview that paid an additional hundred dollars. So I did the interview and these were both over a month ago. I still have gotten no payment, I’ve emailed them numerous times I did get one response back last week they said “we’re trying to get everybody paid this week.” But I didn’t get paid that week and then this past week I’ve emailed them numerous times again and nothing so I think that they are a scam and I’m reporting them to whomever? Which by the way I’ve never done anything like this before how would I go about reporting this company because I am concerned About having to  upload my drivers license just to answer some questions. I seen on a lot of the other surveys you have to upload the drivers license to so I would urge anybody not to do this but I’m probably the only one that stupid enough to do it lol! So I’m still waiting one $250 worth of Tango Cards owed to me that I saved the emails from. I remember I was five minutes late logging into the survey and this company actually called me on my phone to ask me if I would hurry and get on to take this study lol. So they rush us to take the surveys then when it comes time to pay us, they take their sweet time if they even pay at all! I noticed on the website that they had a lot of studies that paid  $200 and $300 apiece which sounds too good to be true to me for an hour’s worth of your time.

• Sad 1

I did a study with them on 4/1, but there was no indication that I had completed the study and that I would receive my $15 Tango card.  I just received an email from Hivemind saying that I should get an email from Tango in 3-4 business days with my Tango Visa card.  I thought Tango gave lots of choices for cards like Amazon.  You should hopefully receive yours soon.  They have to pay $200-$300 for some of their studies, because for some of their studies, there are not a lot of people that are eligible, and they have to pay more.

• 8 months later...

I just got an email from Hivemind about a study that is 4 months long but pays $450.  You have to send them a copy of your id.  It is about personal finances.  There is a chance that you will get additional projects for additional money.  They are also looking for people that are willing to do videos to submit.  You have a project every week, and each month you receive some of the money owed.  I had to answer a few questions such as how old I was, and how much money I made.  After answering the questions, I was deemed ineligible for the study.  Did anybody else get this one?  One of the things they mentioned was that you would be asked questions about how you submit your income tax.  All I've gotten from them so far was a $15 study that I was eligible for.

• 2 months later...