Prolific going down the pan

Bal

Prolific trying to be sneaky the other day. Attempted a study (amazing they had one these days) and got an error message.

They did get back rather quickly, which I was surprised about, telling me I had been using a proxy or VPN, what a load of nonsense that is. I thought they were trying to get rid of me.

I did try a study today and completed it, so I am ok for the time being, but I feel the end is near with this lot.

Used to be in my top two but they have been awful in the last month's and a waste of time, such a shame 

• Sad 2

I am amazed how quick the little one and two minute surveys add up.  I am going to cash out at the end of the year.  I can usually find at least one a day that I can do.

• Thanks 1

Prolific has been a good source of quality study/surveys for a couple of years.  However, as you noted, there is a decline at Prolific as a organization and as a fielder of surveys. There is a decline in the quality of Prolific offerings. Increasingly what is offered are not all from educational institutions, are experiments on unwitting subjects, that have a different conduct code, and there is much more survey scrubbing. I think Prolific has been "discovered" but the less savory cohorts of online survey panels. Meaning the crap we're use to enduring is now showing up in the academic space.  The payout process is still like it was described when I signed up. I haven't been accused of VPN abuse, i'll test that to see what is going on. Are you in the USA? In the past I've had to contend with VPN/Proxy accusation use from other survey panels, such as  Your-surveys.com, and the interactions were like dealing with the Pakleds from TNG.  Support was self impressed with tools that they bought that they could not demonstrate understanding of the operations of the tool used to asses me.  I was accused of hijacking an AOL access point to take a your-survey, Bull. So, challenge Prolific support and demand a competent response.

• Like 1

Prolific has dried up for me too. It was my biggest earner by a long way until this summer. I had hoped it would pick up in September, which is the start of the academic year here in the UK, but the last couple of months have seen slim pickings.