Do You Let Survey Sites Record You For Extra Rewards?

Sandy21

Today was the first day that I allowed a survey site to record me through my webcam for an extra reward. I was shocked at how short the exercise was and I actually got my extra reward!  

Does anyone here do this on a regular basis or have you done it in the past and will do it in the future? Thanks for your input

• Thanks 1

It depends on the site. With Qmee, there are quite a few webcam surveys that only take a very short amount of time, and sometimes I can get $1.50 or more for five minutes or so. Other sites not so much. I’ve tried webcam surveys on other sites and got screwed. But if I can find some like the ones on Qmee, I’m perfectly willing to do a five minute survey for $1.50.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LinuxPowered said:

No, I don't do those. At all. I'm just uncomfortable with the whole idea--especially since I hate the way I look on video! :)

I can relate to that! Hate the way I look too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

It depends on the site. With Qmee, there are quite a few webcam surveys that only take a very short amount of time, and sometimes I can get $1.50 or more for five minutes or so. Other sites not so much. I’ve tried webcam surveys on other sites and got screwed. But if I can find some like the ones on Qmee, I’m perfectly willing to do a five minute survey for $1.50.

I will do them in the future but pick and choose the site. Thanks!

I would not do it for $1.50, but I have done some market research studies via zoom since the pandemic has curtailed most live panels.  I have a study with a market research place being paid by Medicare, and I have been with the study for over a year.  They contact me at least once a month, and ask me a few questions and for those I get a $5 Amazon GC, if it takes any longer then they pay me more.  A couple of times they have asked me to participate in a 15 minute zoom session with them, and they pay me $30.  There have been a few other market research studies where I have been paid at least $75, and sometimes more.  Most of the market research studies are still being done remotely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I can relate to that! Hate the way I look too!

Agree. Not fond of seeing pics of myself. Not a worry with the surveys - no webcam.

• Like 1

I did the webcams occasionally when I first started doing surveys, but once I realized that I usually look like I've just gotten out of bed, I thought better of it. :lol:

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, NevadaJones said:

I did the webcams occasionally when I first started doing surveys, but once I realized that I usually look like I've just gotten out of bed, I thought better of it. :lol:

I think that's when they send them out - when you look your worst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every once in a blue moon, if they pay sufficiently well. Usually it's not worth it - way more of a pain than answering via text, so they'd have to pay way more. 

I totally don't understand why they'd pay more, either - it seems like they'd be getting worse, harder-to-use data. :D

I don't do the web cams. I don't want to get presentable enough to be on camera. I run into a lot of webcam surveys lately. And it seems like all of 2020's surveys are web cam.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, somelady said:

I don't do the web cams. I don't want to get presentable enough to be on camera. I run into a lot of webcam surveys lately. And it seems like all of 2020's surveys are web cam.

Oh, I hear you! I always feel that way..Just once did I allow it but felt really strange about being recorded

• Like 1