Swagbucks

John613

Has anyone else had to submit a driver's license to Swagbucks? I've accumulated a fair amount of points, but I'm not comfortable with giving them my driver's license. They say that it is their policy. True???

• Like 1

I just cashed out and they didn't ask for my license. They gave me the usual choice of email verification or to answer a security question. Personally I wouldn't give out my license to any survey company.

Also, I was only cashing out for 5 dollars, so not sure if they would ask for DL with large amounts. 

• Like 1

with this company I would NEVER give them my driving license. I use 2 other survey sites and Swagbucks is the worst for harvesting information then rejection you survey, and the worst company of all is Peanut Labs, don't even bother with them. 

Swagbucks allso make it near impossible to use PayPal to redeem.

I wouldn't give them a photocopy of my license. And if i did (which I won't), I would black out my Iid. #, and see what happens. That might make it harder to use for fraudulent purposes.

One thing that concerns me lately is the rise of surveys on Swagbucks and mypoints is that more surveys have a delayed payout. I hope this doesn't become a larger trend. A survey company can make extra money by doing that, if less that 100% of owed panelists don't stay on top of it for whatever reasons.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 11:54 PM, John613 said:

Has anyone else had to submit a driver's license to Swagbucks? I've accumulated a fair amount of points, but I'm not comfortable with giving them my driver's license. They say that it is their policy. True???

Just found out about this today.  For a $5 Starbucks gift card.  I tried to confirm my order and it said I needed to use another email address.  Now they are already sending me emails daily.  I haven't cashed out with them for about a year now.  So I send a note and get the message back that I need to give them a copy of a government issued ID.  For $5?  No thank you.  They can keep those points and I have already removed the bookmark from my computer.  I won't be logging in again and I will just block their emails.  What a bunch of hooey.  How do I know my info is safe with them.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, dimefynder said:

I wouldn't give them a photocopy of my license. And if i did (which I won't), I would black out my Iid. #, and see what happens. That might make it harder to use for fraudulent purposes.

One thing that concerns me lately is the rise of surveys on Swagbucks and mypoints is that more surveys have a delayed payout. I hope this doesn't become a larger trend. A survey company can make extra money by doing that, if less that 100% of owed panelists don't stay on top of it for whatever reasons.

And yep, even 32 points were going to be held up for 4-6 weeks.  Nope, I can't get rid of them without at least going into them and then trying to x out if I don't get the 5 DQ points. 

• Sad 1

One thing that concerns me lately is the rise of surveys on Swagbucks and mypoints is that more surveys have a delayed payout. I hope this doesn't become a larger trend. A survey company can make extra money by doing that, if less that 100% of owed panelists don't stay on top of it for whatever reasons.

Easy Fix:  Just avoid the delayed payout surveys.  If enough people stay away from them they'll have to quit putting them up. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, Duck said:

One thing that concerns me lately is the rise of surveys on Swagbucks and mypoints is that more surveys have a delayed payout. I hope this doesn't become a larger trend. A survey company can make extra money by doing that, if less that 100% of owed panelists don't stay on top of it for whatever reasons.

Easy Fix:  Just avoid the delayed payout surveys.  If enough people stay away from them they'll have to quit putting them up. 

On mypoints they just recently started advising people that it was a delayed payout, and only after you had completed the survey.  There is now a wanring before they open the survey to let you know this. 

On 8/5/2022 at 8:42 AM, rosiesmom said:

On mypoints they just recently started advising people that it was a delayed payout, and only after you had completed the survey.  There is now a wanring before they open the survey to let you know this. 

I quit mypoints some time back because of their high payout threshold. 

• Like 1

If you make so much in points or monetary amount a year, you will have to verify yourself so they can send you a tax form.  Otherwise, they kick you off.