Frustrating Prolific surveys

cricket

I get some that say I'll be on a team and have a certain amount of points or money. The instructions on one of them today were so detailed, I just don't have the head for these.  There were so many "if this" and what to keep and who would get what on your team...I just clicked off. I love Prolific but I wish some of the researchers would make them more simple. It's a turnoff, for me, anyway.

• Like 4

I bet it was because it's the only one today that had such LONG, detailed instructions. They pay well but they have my head spinning, just not worth the money to me. Thanks for the reply, glad to know I'm not the only one because sometimes I think I am losing the ability to concentrate like when I was younger, lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Completely agree. I had one the other day, didn't have a clue what was going on :-D

I complained about Prolific a couple of weeks ago on here, but since then it's got a lot better again. Maybe all the ones that joined up got bored and gave up.

• Like 2

I came across a few like that. I basically skimmed through all the detailed instructions. When I got to the actual game, it turned out to be way easier than they had written in the instructions. I'm seeing more studies like this on Prolific. Yeah, I agree that they pay well. I just steel myself and do it, turns out not to be too bad.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 4:50 PM, cricket said:

I get some that say I'll be on a team and have a certain amount of points or money. The instructions on one of them today were so detailed, I just don't have the head for these.  There were so many "if this" and what to keep and who would get what on your team...I just clicked off. I love Prolific but I wish some of the researchers would make them more simple. It's a turnoff, for me, anyway.

I quit that one too. I am tired of those. I quit "A study about your perceptions" yesterday , the first question  asked about the %  of co2 between soy milk and regular milk and it kept saying my answer was wrong. I just quit, I don't know those percentages.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have experience with Prolific, but I have gotten some extremely complex surveys in the past, usually on Qualtrics-hosted surveys. I recall doing a few several years ago that were about court cases and they lasted like 50 minutes each and required you to read incredibly long paragraphs all while asking you detailed follow up questions to ensure that you read every single sentence. If you missed a single question they'd disqualify you right off the bat even if you were halfway through the damn session lol. Also those surveys were way too complex - they ask questions that you'd expect to find on a college exam. Nowadays I never bother with those on the rare times that I qualify for one.