Lifepoints and Tax Information

Sandy21

I received an email this morning from LifePoints stating that my earnings are approaching the US IRS amount of $600 and in order to continue receiving rewards I had to fill out a form. Instructions were given on how to do this and then I was told I'd receive a 1099 form in the mail.

My earnings with them are FAR from approaching $600. Matter of fact I haven't even  earned half of that.  ( I have a detailed list of what I've earned)

I just cashed out for a $25 gc and it seems to me that they are saying I won't get the gc unless I fill out all my tax information which I do NOT want to do. There is no need to give them all that personal information as I'll never earn over $300 in the next 2 weeks!

Has anyone else gotten such a letter? Did you fill out their forms? 

Many thanks for your help here!

Have never received one , but if I did , I would ask them to provide an accounting. If accurate , would have no issues providing that info. 

Are you sure the email was from LifePoints and not a scammer? Directly contacting them via their web site would verify the accuracy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, episemion said:

Have never received one , but if I did , I would ask them to provide an accounting. If accurate , would have no issues providing that info. 

Are you sure the email was from LifePoints and not a scammer? Directly contacting them via their web site would verify the accuracy.

Thanks for your reply.. Yes it's from them as they used my name and directions were exactly correct.correct.

I am convinced the email is 100% legit.

I did contact them directly, sent them an accounting of my redemptions as well. Unfortunately their canned response had nothing to do with my question. It just said that if my earnings were over $600 I needed to fill in the tax info, not WHY I received an email since I wasn't even close to $600. So I'm back to square one.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pansyrhonda said:

If you do not fill out the forms, they will drop you.  Decide if you want to continue with them or pay taxes on earnings.

Of course I would fill out the tax info if I reached the $600 point but I'm not even half way there as my post explained.

I received another response(upon my saying that they did not answer my question) and it said that i did not have to fill out the tax information until I reached $600. The response did not say WHY I got an email in the first place.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sandy21 said:

I received another response(upon my saying that they did not answer my question) and it said that i did not have to fill out the tax information until I reached $600. The response did not say WHY I got an email in the first place.

It's possible that they sent that to literally everyone who is actively doing surveys with them. I really don't think they distinguish who has what. Most of these survey sites are run by 'bots. If you know that you didn't get anywhere near $600 from them, just ignore and block the emails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Probably a system error. They do happen. It wasn't a bulk email to all as I never got one.

22 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

It's possible that they sent that to literally everyone who is actively doing surveys with them. I really don't think they distinguish who has what. Most of these survey sites are run by 'bots. If you know that you didn't get anywhere near $600 from them, just ignore and block the emails.

It IS very possible, as you said. Thank you for your response

7 hours ago, episemion said:

Probably a system error. They do happen. It wasn't a bulk email to all as I never got one.

Guess I'm  just so lucky that I got that email! (Sarcasm!!)

Hopefully if any other member of Survey Policy also got that email they would know that they are not alone and not to worry about it as I did.

Guess it could be a system error. Just wish I got my gift card as it is 10 days now and usually it takes 3 days or so (Amazon). I know this time of year is very slow but I still wish the GC would come already!

I just got the email this weekend. I am going to do nothing for now (not up to $600 yet). I'm close to a payout, and will apply that when I'm ready, and see what happens. I tend to get paid within a week.

8 hours ago, dimefynder said:

I just got the email this weekend. I am going to do nothing for now (not up to $600 yet). I'm close to a payout, and will apply that when I'm ready, and see what happens. I tend to get paid within a week.

THANK YOU for letting me know I am not the only one who got this email! 

I usually get paid in less than a week but still have not gotten my Amazon GC. I hope this is because it is the holiday season and not because thy want me to fill out the unnecessary tax information.

• Like 1