Are Survey Companies Taking The Week Off?

Duck

Two days after Christmas and surveys are very hard to come by here on the morning of the 27th.  So when will things get back to normal,  sometime after the New Year holiday perhaps?

Yeah, on the Prolific site, it actual states that they are basically taking a week off. I imagine most sites do this. The week after Christmas is typically the slowest of the entire year. I don’t even bother to check my typical sites that week. It may pick up a little after the new year, maybe by the second week of January.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, on the Prolific site, it actual states that they are basically taking a week off. I imagine most sites do this. The week after Christmas is typically the slowest of the entire year. I don’t even bother to check my typical sites that week. It may pick up a little after the new year, maybe by the second week of January.

I just checked my 2020 records,  the 26th and 27th were down but then the 28th, 29th 30th 31st came back up to normal.  Actually the panels of which I am a member seem to be down overall this year,  probably because of a generally lethargic economy  and we can't blame it on COVID because it was raging this time last year as well.   Hmmm,  I wonder what is different this year???

23 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Nope, not any of these. But I should try as I've quit so many survey sites as of late. Thank you!

I would avoid PointClub like the plague. They are horrible. PrizeRebel sucks too. Both of those panels are time wasters. Qmee is pretty good, currently my 2nd top money earner, after Prolific. Qmee tends to have a lot of late disquals though, but it's usually pretty easy to get about $2-$3 worth of surveys a day.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I would avoid PointClub like the plague. They are horrible. PrizeRebel sucks too. Both of those panels are time wasters. Qmee is pretty good, currently my 2nd top money earner, after Prolific. Qmee tends to have a lot of late disquals though, but it's usually pretty easy to get about $2-$3 worth of surveys a day.

You are the best! Thank you so much for the suggestions. Happy New Year to you and yours! 

Phew!  I thought it was just me. Am member of Opinion Outpost and going into Xmas I had steady flow of surveys. Come that exact day... 27th I noticed barely any on OO. Literally most days said 'no available surveys'. Me got scared I was about to get banned because I always have surveys there. But as stated on another thread, I never do surveys at Xmas so wasn't sure this was normal. But seems it is. Since 27th OO had always had one survey or none on dashboard. Since New Years eve is been zero and still like that today. My recent new panels I've signed upto... Swag Bucks and Crowdology seem very slow too. 

I wonder if Covid has anything to do with the total lack of surveys this time of year. I don't ever remember it being this slow before during Christmas and New Years ever before, not even last year.  Is it because so many more people are now taking surveys and they fill up so quickly or maybe there are just less staff to put out surveys and less surveys in general? I just don't know.

3 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

mypoints ran out of surveys last night and of almost 11 a.m. today, they only have partner surveys.  So how can anyone make their goal for the day?

I have run into the same problem. Never before had this happen.

• Like 1

I think could be Covid. More staff off sick... So less staff about. Plus people are becoming more savy and learning about surveys online that pay... So more people taking. Sounds like it's both. I don't usually take surveys over Xmas so seeing it dead like this is new, and tad worrying 

• Like 1