BBB complaint filed agianst 20/20 Panel, Via parent company Schlesinger Group

schludermann

I've been a member of the 020/20 panel for over 20 months and have not been able to redeem even the minimum reward,$5.

The accrual rate stalled over a year ago, once I got past $4.  There were only "Focus Group" screenings and those had $0 reward, I've completed over 50 screenings and never participated in any focus groups.  The 20/20 had a very sly way of even getting recognition for participating in these screens. The 20/20panel munged the exiting web page so that it gave a domain error.  They left out the .com from the web address. I would manually complete the URL and get a valid exit from the survey screening. I reported this several times and there was never an Acknowledgement.

April 2020, the 20/20 panel was purchased by the Schlesinger Group, Iselin, NJ.  So, I visited their website and looked for away to contact. They apparently only want to communicate with those that have money. So, I filed a BBB complaint.

When I filed the BBB complaint, I discovered that the Schlesinger Group is a real piece of work. 100's of negative reviews and complaints, almost fifty just in the last year. 

If the Schlesinger Group sleaze balks at honoring my reward request, I'm going to file complaints to all the professional organizations the Schlesinger Group lists on their landing page. Starting with ESOMAR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Survey Police is a great for reviewing and ranting, but it won't effect change. Filing BBB complaints is a good idea, but people need to start going further. I was told years ago when I had a complaint about Ipsos iSay to file a complaint with ESOMAR. I did look in the ESOMAR directory and the 20/20 Panel isn't listed. I don't know if there is a parent company, I searched online and I didn't find one. An alternative in the US would be the FTC.

Don't even bother with ESOMAR.  I worked one day with this sleazy site that recruits very temp workers, like people walk out after lunch and never come back.  They're that bad.  Well I researched all about this company and sent an email complaining of the total lack of human resources support for getting paid to this ESOMAR.  Never heard even one peep from them.  I think they are a company if you pay enough you can put them as a professional reference.  Some reference, they are as fake as the sleazy group I worked one day ofr.  I finally got online and found the parent company's location in California and found it is nothing but a store front in a strip mall.  I emailed the recruiter and said I'd be fileing a complaint with the CA Secretary of State.  I finally got paid.  Take away:  recruiters looking to hire you for a matter of hours or just several days are putting you in a position to almost never be paid.  They're like ghosts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, reporting it to the BBB is really good because it exposes them more in a negative way. However, if it was for a greater amount of money, your best bet would be to contact your state's Attorney General's office and report them for internet fraud. I did that over the summer against one company and immediately saw the survey company change their attitude. Keep in mind the AG has the power to shut down a company completely. Now regarding 20/20, I did one online study with them before the merge, and was paid right away. Regarding Schlesinger, I did a $300 in person study with them last spring (was expecting to be paid day of) and after sending a few inquiries on their facebook page regarding when will I be paid a month later, they finally did send me a check in the mail two weeks later. But, regarding a small $5 amt (I don't think you'll get that back) since they merged. I believe I had about the same amount in my 20/20 account from when they sent me 2-3 surveys over the course if 10 years.