Toluna - Need I Say More?

Gemini43

I can't be the only one who is constantly experiencing error messages after completing surveys from Toluna!  'It's Not You But Us' is the usual one and when getting back to the Toluna Website, finding no points have been awarded for the survey!  Then of course, contacting them and getting the usual patronising spiel about having to wait a few weeks for the points (with some surveys) when we all know, that we ALWAYS wind up having to contact them again and again and again...........before we can get anything done!  By the time we get the points (if we do) we have earned them several times over; needing to keep a tally of everything and remembering dates, etc. when we need to contact Toluona again!  I for one am sick and tgired of this.  This sort of thing has been going on for far too long now and it's about time time Toluna got its website problems sorted!   :evil:

TolunaError-1867577-UK-10.01.22.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry you're going through this. I can relate. I was on Forthright the other day. Most of their surveys are partner surveys. On a couple of the partner surveys, I got the exact same alert, same wording. I can't recall who the partner survey was, could have been anyone. Of course it happened at the very end of the survey, after I had successfully completed it and answered all the questions. When I emailed Forthright about it, I was told it was not a successful completion. Every time I get an alert like this, I complain to the survey site. Maybe they'll get sick of hearing from me and actually do something, but I'm not holding my breath. BTW, Toluna sucks. Then again, most of the survey sites do.

• Like 2

I never bother with them anymore for a variety of reasons, the main ones being that I rarely ever qualify for their surveys and on the rare times that I do, they're always long and tedious surveys. I can imagine how irritating it must be to get an error message with them, though.

• Like 3

The dreaded 'its not you, it's us' message, had this plenty of times and it makes my blood boil. Ain't it funny how you never have this problem when answering the survey, only when you have completed it and it's time to get the reward, very strange.

I completely agree with wasting so much time in emailing about points/money lost. It happens so often and by the time they get back, you have forgotten how much you have lost. 

Toluna are just another useless survey company to add to the rest, their surveys are very boring and the ones with the drop down menu (which take forever) almost make you die of boredom.

• Like 1

A few years ago I was able to earn at least one £15 Amazon voucher each month and built up a nice balance - for ages I never had to pay for anything off Amazon using my own money. Then it just dried up completely for me so I never even bother looking at the site now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Toluna?

Yeah, well.

A number of years ago I joined and it was just my luck that they had one of those really long surveys going on.  Something like a number of hours that had to be completed by a certain date with quite a few modules.

I did the complete survey in one day which took me 4 or 5 hours.

About a week later I was told that my account was suspended because I broke their rules in their terms of service. 

Right.

First and only survey with them and suspended.......

So I asked which one{s} I broke. I received a reply that just repeated the same above statement with no explanation and that they wouldn't identify the problem.

IMO they simply wanted to get out of paying the $A50 or whatever the amount was.

So replied to them that I didn't break their "rules" and that I was going to report them to consumer affairs at the state government here for IMO engaging in deceptive and fraudulent behavior.  I, in fact, reported them and wrote up the whole story.

About a month after I filed the report I received a notification that I had been paid for the survey.

I cashed out with a gift card, used it, and closed the account.  Never, ever will have anything to do with them again.

About that time I was also looking for another place to take surveys.  I'm sorry, but I can't remember which outfit it was.  Didn't even get to take a survey as they closed the account before I even took one with the same BS as above that "I broke their terms of service." 

Now how in the world can one do that by signing up for the site, but not even completing one survey?

Does Toluna have more than one survey site under a different name?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor survey site - my biggest gripe is their user unfriendly policy of subtracting previously earned reward points for 'insufficient participation', the opposite of a participation award :450_trophy: On the other hand, I have often submitted entries for their topical activities well after the deadline and received credit - go figure?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yes, I cannot start any surveys at all. the email links just send me to the website & when I click on a link it just says sorry its us etc mgs (same as above) it's been like this for more than a week now. Is the site closed?

I left Toluna a long time ago.  How these people look at themselves in the mirror, knowing they are swindling participants, is a mystery to me.  Why are there not laws that survey sites cannot withhold monies owed?

i tried many surveys, and then started getting a message "there are no surveys for your profile".  but i kept getting emails invites.  i wrote them and they said that i was using a VPN, and also my computer showed i was not in usa, as I say in mysurvey responses, and my computer id showed illegal traffic.  huh?  i had my computer tech go thru my computer and all was fine and I'm not using a VPN.

• 2 months later...

I had the same its not you its us' BS. It goes away THEN comes back. According to their CS it's because I may be using a VPN, (I'm not) or my country is wrong which it's not or my internet was getting illegal traffic blar blar. Apparently, they use an automated system & they cannot 'cherry pick' accounts to unblock. Well Toluna if you're reading this, your system is extremely stupid. Fix it now!

• 1 month later...

The same error msg after completed surveys are still going on. I contacted CS on Toluna & they said their systems flagging something about my internet connection was open to fraud cor the country was not matching my location which was utter BS. This happened with 2 different broadband providers. They actually suggested using cell phone internet which I'm now using but still these wreched errors happen of survey filled up msgs even after completing those incredibly annoying qualifying questions. The site is definitely broken  

• Like 1