Does anyone else here belong to Plaza Research?

NFriday

Hi- Does anyone else here belong to Plaza Research, and did you get the market research study that involves election crossover and that asks you to email them a photocopy of your state issued id with the id number covered, and then a picture of yourself so they can compare them?  The study is only good in FL, NY, IL, CA and TX and they want people who are registered to vote in one of those states and voted in the 2020 presidential election.  I am kind of apprehensive about sending them my state id.  I know there are other people here that live in one of those states that might be interested   They pay $150.

NEVER send a pic of your Govt ID over the internet. It just isn't worth it if your information is compromised. I have seen online focus group companies ask for that info at times and thats when I immediately X out. Just not worth the risk, even if its a $150 study.

• Like 2

They did ask me to cover up my id number when I sent my id.  I decided to pass on this one.  I get emails from them 3-4 times a week.  Another time I got denied because I had recently done a market research study.  I looked on their Facebook page to see if this study was listed, and it was not.  I don't think I have ever done a study with them because they are located near O'Hare, and I have never done any studies in that area.

2 hours ago, NFriday said:

They did ask me to cover up my id number when I sent my id.  I decided to pass on this one.  I get emails from them 3-4 times a week.  Another time I got denied because I had recently done a market research study.  I looked on their Facebook page to see if this study was listed, and it was not.  I don't think I have ever done a study with them because they are located near O'Hare, and I have never done any studies in that area.

Try going old school, ask them to send a post card or letter with an activation code you provide them upon receipt. Banks do this in lieu of sending verification codes to WiFi phone numbers. WiFi phones, i use a textnow number for survey registration, are not considered a "real" number and sending verification codes maybe block. I had to do this with a bank I used to agglomerate PayPal rebates from Amazon reviews. If support balks at this, ask to be escalated to the project manager in charge of support. If they still balk, then skillful research of business directories pertaining to the business would be next. Directories like Linkedin, crunchbase, corporate registration,  County DBA records, BBB, professional registrations in Marketing associations, think ESOMAR, and rocketreach, to name some. This may seem like a lot of work for something that might not be worth much. Think of it as self-guided training for when some panel decides to really screw you, one of them will. If you latch on to them like a rottweiler with lockjaw, until you get your due. I've done this a couple of times and it takes some familiarization with the limitations of the freebies.

• Like 1

I decided not to follow through on this project.  It was not worth it for $125, and a few days ago I got an email from them with their latest studies, and this one was listed for the second time, and so a lot of people must have decided to pass on it.  I did apply for a medicare study, but I did not hear back from them on that one.