Has anybody gotten any surveys or studies that are strictly looking for people that are antivaccine?

NFriday

Hi- I am fully vaxed and have gotten the booster, but I have a family member who refuses to get the vaccine.  She told me she never wears a mask and is not planning on getting the free COVID tests.  Her attitude is that it is no big deal if she gets COVID.  I am surprised she has not yet gotten it.  I was wondering if there are any studies or surveys that are specifically looking for people that are definitely antivaccine and antimask?

• Like 1

Good question, I've wondered that too. I've done several covid studies. I'm fully vaccinated and mask up. I suppose some who do those studies are like your family member. My youngest sister has not been vaccinated, nor does she wear a mask. She says that since "she's healthy", that is enough, and her immune system will get her through.

On 1/27/2022 at 11:32 PM, NFriday said:

Her attitude is that it is no big deal if she gets COVID.

It's vaccine avoidant people like that, that give the virus more chance to mutate and continue to decimate and overwhelm the healthcare facilities and world. Omicron started as a single mutation, broke out of the south African community, now it's world wide. If she has insurance, I hope the insurance company doesn't figure out this ignorant position, they might challenge covering medical costs that could have been avoided. She doesn't even understand how the immune system operates. This isn't some food morsel that will be consumed, she's actually sustenance for the virus. She has to get the virus infection for the body to respond to the and form the appropriate antibodies and in then there's time lag until there are enough antibodies tag the virus for the white blood cells to consume the virus, the virus goes bonkers on her body. then there is all the intra-cellular virus junk to clean up too, and that makes you sick as well, interferes with normal cellular functions. There a normal and necessary peptides that have to transverse the cell to keep the cell operating and alive, and if the cell is full of junk left over from rampant virus replication, the cell can't keep living. do this a few billion times and there's serious risk. The virus has been discovered to cause permanent changes to survivors, like Restless Anal Syndrome, RAS. Living with RAS is just like living with Restless Leg Syndrome, RLS, there are cases of permanet cognitive capacity...  This isn't like the cold or flu, it's much more profound. I'm double vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Something to think about.......... ever since the pandemic there are people that have not been vaccinated and have not gotten the virus and as stated in the post above don't wear a mask. Those people have very strong immune systems. Some people don't need to get infected with a virus to become immune to it, they just naturally are. As long as they keep doing whatever it is that keeps them immune they will not get it, and I imagine that when or if they stop doing whatever is keeping them healthy then they may become vulnerable to the virus.  But this is not something you will hear medical, government or pharma talk about.

My Sister and her husband are doing nothing to increase their immunity or to keep them healthy.  They are just lucky that they have not gotten COVID.  I think they are hoping that they will get COVID, because they have this crazy idea that getting COVID will be better for their immune system than getting the vaccine and wearing a mask.  They also think that it will be no big deal if they do get COVID, and why get the vaccine when a bunch of people that have gotten the vaccine have still come down with COVID.  She told me a few days ago that the CDC will keep asking people to get more booster shots, and it will never end.

• Like 1

Yeah... as someone who (very!) recently got covid despite being vaccinated, it bothers me even more now when people say things like that. Yes, obviously, we're still seeing people getting covid even if they've been fully vaccinated (especially with Omicron) - though it's also perhaps telling that my (also fully vaccinated, obviously) wife has tested negative several times over the past week, despite spending basically 100% of the past week at home, with me, a person with covid, sleeping in the same bed, and working from home in the same tiny spare bedroom. But even disregarding the much-decreased likeliness of getting covid if you're exposed to it after being fully vaccinated, even if you don't give a hoot about other people, the spread of the disease, or the likeliness of new, worse mutations... even if you only care about yourself, if you get covid after being fully vaccinated, I can confirm from, again, very personal experience, you're way less likely to feel terrible or to have long-term health issues as a result. Personally I'm pretty happy to not be nearly as worried about it shredding my lungs, sapping my energy, permanently harming my sense of taste, giving me restless anything syndrome, etc.

As long as covid continues to spread and mutate, they'll likely keep asking us to get boosters, but... so? We've been getting flu shots every year, because the flu keeps mutating. I'm happy to be protected against the flu, too. (Though I'm also looking forward to hopefully new flu vaccine tech that will eliminate that need - current flu vaccine technology is also decades old.)

• Thanks 1