New Rule on Tellwut?

Sandy21

Hi, All! Hope you are all having a good day! 

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a new rule at Tellwut or maybe its an old rule I never ran into before? I did not get credit for a rather long and complicated survey for 1500 points (actually it happened twice in the past few days). I wrote to them as I usually do and instead of them graciously adding points to my account I got the following message from the first 1500 survey for which I was not given credit. (Have not heard back about the second 1500 credit but I assume I will get the same reply.)

"Thank you for contacting us. As this one is over 1000 points, we are checking in with the supplier about this and will get back to you when we have more information."

I stick with Tellwut as I am able to make money there and their customer service is really good. I think I have reported a nonpayment of points over 1000 points before but I am sure I never got the above message. 

If this is the case I will not take any surveys over 1000 points for Tellwut as I would be wasting my time as I often do on other sites.

BTW, I got the following message AFTER completing this survey and reported this message to Tellwut, as well as what the survey was about so they didn't think I was trying to scam them. 

"Thank you for participating. Unfortunately you did not qualify"

This is the message I usually get but sometimes it is different. I am very much afraid I will not get the 3000 points I honestly earned so if this REALLY is a the policy I will avoid any surveys over 1000 points

Anyone run into this? Thanks!

• Like 2

On 2/17/2022 at 12:13 PM, Sandy21 said:

Hi, All! Hope you are all having a good day! 

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a new rule at Tellwut or maybe its an old rule I never ran into before? I did not get credit for a rather long and complicated survey for 1500 points (actually it happened twice in the past few days). I wrote to them as I usually do and instead of them graciously adding points to my account I got the following message from the first 1500 survey for which I was not given credit. (Have not heard back about the second 1500 credit but I assume I will get the same reply.)

"Thank you for contacting us. As this one is over 1000 points, we are checking in with the supplier about this and will get back to you when we have more information."

I stick with Tellwut as I am able to make money there and their customer service is really good. I think I have reported a nonpayment of points over 1000 points before but I am sure I never got the above message. 

If this is the case I will not take any surveys over 1000 points for Tellwut as I would be wasting my time as I often do on other sites.

BTW, I got the following message AFTER completing this survey and reported this message to Tellwut, as well as what the survey was about so they didn't think I was trying to scam them. 

"Thank you for participating. Unfortunately you did not qualify"

This is the message I usually get but sometimes it is different. I am very much afraid I will not get the 3000 points I honestly earned so if this REALLY is a the policy I will avoid any surveys over 1000 points

Anyone run into this? Thanks!

I never do very large surveys so can't say if that is new or an old rule. I've always found Tellwut to be fair.

• Like 1

Sound like the same old Tellwut. As a personal rule I avoid surveys over two digits in time for the problem of late screenout. I have had some luck in the past with gross misrepresentation survey estimation of duration and complained strongly. However, they were not nearly the point value of your situation. I suggest keeping an eye on the URL of the actual survey in the future. If you notice a pattern of a particular survey company, this is not Tellwut and may not be the same company that waspart of the early screening. If there is a pattern of this happening very exclusively to certain domains, you may want to consider asking Tellwut to block that company from reaching your dashboard. I've made this request for Your-Surveys.com and Cint.com. I know that I will have less opportunities on the dashboard but I'll also have a much less aggravating and more positive experience.

If you don't like the explanation from Tellwut and want to make some complaints, go to the Tellwut home page. On the bottom of Tellwut home page are logos of the professional organization codes of conduct that Tellwut proclaims to embrace. There are complaint processes and I've done an ESOMAR complaint. If you plan to do surveys for a longtime, it would be a good idea to know how to use this route. it is much more effective than a BBB complaint. Survey companies are about 50/50 responding to BBB complaints. There are some real sleazoid panels that need their tree shaken. Keep in mind these professional organizations have no real authority over the survey panels you would complain about. However, if there is a pattern of conduct from the panel that does not fit the professional organization, it jeopardizes the panel's use of the association. Which in turn may erode the panel's reputation and possibly affect client relations. Reputation makes money.

If this is too much work, then just do the daily surveys, the weekly blog, facebook and twitter surveys, and finish a short external survey at least every two weeks. Just exhausting those everyday is good for about 700 points a week.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, paulgro said:

I never do very large surveys so can't say if that is new or an old rule. I've always found Tellwut to be fair.

Thanks for the advice. I am really sick of asking for points that I have truly earned even though I neevr do it for low point surveys, only higher point ones. I will probably just do a few low point scores a week and call it quits. If I don't get credit for a low point score survey that only took me 5 or 10 minutes to do I won't feel so badly. BUT these long, tedious ones really get to me. And then I have to beg for points. No more!

THANKS again!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kaminikij said:

I run into this all the time.Dont even bother to email customer service anymore.The surveys are burning me out.since Tellwut changed owners its an uphill climb

Oh, Boy. Doesn't sound good. Based on your advice and others I will probably just do short surveys from now on and if I don't get the points it wasn't a HUGE waste of time. THANKS for your input!

17 hours ago, schludermann said:

Sound like the same old Tellwut. As a personal rule I avoid surveys over two digits in time for the problem of late screenout. I have had some luck in the past with gross misrepresentation survey estimation of duration and complained strongly. However, they were not nearly the point value of your situation. I suggest keeping an eye on the URL of the actual survey in the future. If you notice a pattern of a particular survey company, this is not Tellwut and may not be the same company that waspart of the early screening. If there is a pattern of this happening very exclusively to certain domains, you may want to consider asking Tellwut to block that company from reaching your dashboard. I've made this request for Your-Surveys.com and Cint.com. I know that I will have less opportunities on the dashboard but I'll also have a much less aggravating and more positive experience.

If you don't like the explanation from Tellwut and want to make some complaints, go to the Tellwut home page. On the bottom of Tellwut home page are logos of the professional organization codes of conduct that Tellwut proclaims to embrace. There are complaint processes and I've done an ESOMAR complaint. If you plan to do surveys for a longtime, it would be a good idea to know how to use this route. it is much more effective than a BBB complaint. Survey companies are about 50/50 responding to BBB complaints. There are some real sleazoid panels that need their tree shaken. Keep in mind these professional organizations have no real authority over the survey panels you would complain about. However, if there is a pattern of conduct from the panel that does not fit the professional organization, it jeopardizes the panel's use of the association. Which in turn may erode the panel's reputation and possibly affect client relations. Reputation makes money.

If this is too much work, then just do the daily surveys, the weekly blog, facebook and twitter surveys, and finish a short external survey at least every two weeks. Just exhausting those everyday is good for about 700 points a week.

As usual, your advice is greatly appreciated. I will probably just cut WAY down on what I do for Tellwut. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Good News! The 3000 points was added to my account! But I am not going to do any surveys over 1000 points for them anymore.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 8:53 AM, Sandy21 said:

Good News! The 3000 points was added to my account! But I am not going to do any surveys over 1000 points for them anymore.

Good to hear! Yes, I only do 20 minutes or less at all sites. I was burnt a few times, so I learned not to do long surveys. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tellwut just posted my 1500 points for a survey taken March 2. They are true to their word as they investigated and found I took the survey and finally awarded  me the 1500 earned points. It took a lot longer than the two or three weeks they mention but better late than never.

Nice to leave a positive comment.

Now if they could figure out why I'm supposedly banned from three of the companies that supply surveys I would be even happier. I barely get any surveys anymore from Tellwut, usually says "No Results".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You need some panel variety, so you can have alternates. panels are always experiencing problems or vanishing. So, besides Tellwut, what else have you tried or are regular with?

14 hours ago, schludermann said:

You need some panel variety, so you can have alternates. panels are always experiencing problems or vanishing. So, besides Tellwut, what else have you tried or are regular with?

Right now just Branded and LifePoints besides Tellwut.  I would absolutely appreciate any other suggestions you might have. Thank you so much!

I do belong to Pinecone and Epoll but barely ever get anything from either one. Once I can cash out I will quit these panels.

Prolific is great, but I hear there is a waiting list for them. Paid Viewpoint is terrific too. Their surveys aren't worth that much, but you don't get screened out, and you can get several surveys in a typical day. It's quick to reach the $5.00 cash out threshold on there. Forthright is okay, just have to keep at it. The other ones I belong to I don't do too much on. I'm on the verge of dumping the remaining panels I belong to. 

3 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Prolific is great, but I hear there is a waiting list for them. Paid Viewpoint is terrific too. Their surveys aren't worth that much, but you don't get screened out, and you can get several surveys in a typical day. It's quick to reach the $5.00 cash out threshold on there. Forthright is okay, just have to keep at it. The other ones I belong to I don't do too much on. I'm on the verge of dumping the remaining panels I belong to. 

Thanks for your kind suggestions. I am on a waiting list for Prolific. I will definitely try Paid Viewpoint and Forthright.  Thanks again!