Anybody familiar with US Product Testing?

NFriday

Hi- On Survey Police they have an article on being an Adidas tester, and no you do not get to keep the shoes you test for them.  At the end of the article, they have a list of other sites that you can do product testing including YouGov.  I did not know YouGov did product testing.  One outfit they mentioned that did lots of product testing was US product testing.  I clicked on the link, and the first thing that grabbed me was that they were looking for people to test an APPLE iphone 13, and yes you get to keep the phone.  Is anybody familiar with them.  I need a new cell phone, and I would love an iphone 13, but I can't afford one.  I am looking at cheaper iphones such as se and XT, but I am not sure how long the charge lasts on the se.  In some of the reviews I read it said they had to recharge their phone every eight hours.

• NFriday changed the title to Anybody familiar with US Product Testing?

I just tried signing up for the iphone study, and I gave them my email, and address, but them it asked for my cell phone number so they can send me a text, and I am having problems with my cell phone right now, and I need to go to tmobile to see if they can get it working.  Right now, it says that I do not have a valid sims card.

Slightly off-topic. I have the second generation iPhone SE, and I've never had to charge it that often. Of course, I'm not on it constantly like some people. :51_scream:

My interest was piqued, so I looked into this. US product testing is hard to tell if it's legitimate. The company uses a UK domain, refers to participants as "winners" and doesn't disclose how the product for review is obtained. The review requirements may be involved. You may have to produce a long review, video or photo series. I dug around to determine if there was a purchase requirement and if there was a payout process and what sites the reviews are posted too, scant information.  So, I applied. news at eleven.

I've done product reviews for product and below is an example of my review article timber. This example is 265 words long.

The longevity to mobile devices battery. The duration of a charge is dependent on drain to the battery, age of the battery (cycle count) and temperature. Drain is from the application activity is the most prevalent to exhausting the battery charge, network activity the most common contributor, (like, cellular modem draws more power than WiFi). Entertainment apps are probably the second biggest draw and then Bluetooth activity.  If you find the way you use the phone drains the battery faster than you can make opportunity charges, then consider getting an external battery case or portable powerbank. There are huge battery cases, up to four times the internal battery, suitable for extended forays into the wilderness. A single charge is suitable for mist urbanites. Portable power banks work well and have a very high capacity and can have configuration to run multiple devices, and solar panel recharge. Solar panel recharge is slow. However, the power bank has the added complexity of cabling. The reason cabling is an issue, is that the connectors are going to experience a lot of stress flexing at the transition to the connector and the connector receptacle inside the phone. A worn cable can be replace, a worn phone connector has to be repaired, and maybe expensive depending on the design of the phone. Since I'm in Texas and use alternative transportation, I have to plan for severe weather events. So, I have a battery case waterproof to a meter and use a drybag for all the electronic gear I may carry.  I've been using a configuration like this for seven years.

Another thing you should be aware of in product reviews. The product maybe an early release or beta version. There maybe no warranty and have a shorter lifespan than expected. If you place reviews on Amazon, you risk amazon turning off the review capacity.

Hi- I researched this further, and I found out that if you sign up for them plan to get lots of spam, and so it is a good idea to not use your regular email.  Apparently too expect to only get picked once a year at the most.  The thing that is strange about it is why are they having people review iphone 13 when it is already on the market?  

I don't use my phone that much, and the only reason I got a cell phone was because one of my sisters became frustrated when I had to pick her up at Midway or OHare, or she had to pick me up at the airport at New Orleans, and we could not find each other.  New Orleans and Midway are not as bad, but O Hare is huge.  Also, I go to Jazz Fest every year because she lives in New Orleans, and I love it, and I can stay at her place for free, and we split up when we go to jazz fest together, and in case they shut it down early because of the weather, she can get ahold of me so we can meet somewhere.

Most of the one star reviews for the iphone se are because of the poor battery life.  Some people are saying they have to recharge their phone every eight hours.  There are lots of five star reviews though on Amazon though.  Maybe the people that leave five star reviews are not on their phone all day.  The cheap smart phone that I have now I have to recharge it every day and a half.  I think it is time for a new phone though because the last time I charged it; it took forever.  I've got to take it to tmobile and see if they can get it working again.  It says I am missing a sims card.  Thanks