You Gov

pansyrhonda

On 3/22/2022 at 3:36 PM, schludermann said:

the SAFE program requires chrome and a specific extension. I get 750 points just for checking accounts I have no real entertainment activity. However, I got about five thousand points just to sign up, I think that's a buck.

Now that I think of it as to the interval to get to 100,000 points, before I started using the yougov app, was about eighteen months between redemptions. now it's half that and I get nickle and dime activities for the direct cash program. The direct cash program pays a bit better than road money in the same interval. road money is the mangled coins you find in the street intersections, on the sidewalk, and on the ground below drive thru windows:)

I signed up for it and installed something.  Guess it's time to search that out and get rid of it if it isn't making me money. Or points.

• 5 months later...

I just got an email this afternoon about a survey at YouGov.  When I clicked on the link, they asked me if I had purchased a smart phone in the last three months, and I said no.  It then asked me if I was planning on buying one in the next six months, and I said no.  I just purchased an iphone four months ago.  I was deemed ineligible for the survey.  This is only the second time this has happened.  They did have another survey though, that I was eligible for, and which I got 1,500 points for.  It was about health insurance.  I rarely get a survey from them worth that many points.  Most of the surveys I get are worth 250 points, and then I get another 100 points for doing a short survey.  I used to get the 100 point survey right after I completed the first survey, but lately I have been getting them the next day.  I still need 6,400 points to cash out for a $50 Amazon.

I got an invite from YouGov yesterday.  It was for 500 points, and believe it or not, I didn't qualify, but it routed me to another survey, which, I didn't qualify for.  I did finally get one for 250 points, and then one for 100 points.  I have the YG Pulse on my system, and I have only ever once been given points for that and that was around 3 months after I installed it.  I thought it was to pay 3000 points per month.  If this is all I am getting, I will be getting rid of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 6:12 AM, rosiesmom said:

I got an invite from Yougov yesterday.  It was for 500 points, and believe it or not, I didn't qualify, but it routed me to another survey, which, I didn't qualify for.  I did finally get one for 250 points, and then one for 100 points.  I have the YG Pulse on my system, and I have only ever once been given points for that and that was around 3 months after I installed it.  I thought it was to pay 3000 points per month.  If this is all I am getting, I will be getting rid of that.

YouGov is a mixed bag. I get toughly one high point, 500 points or greater, at least twice a month, a weekly 100 point media personality recognition survey, every couple of months a high point EDU study, 2000+.  Occasionally some points from SAFE, they want to know what you’re streaming on subscription. I only stream free youtube weird stuff. I’ve been running PULSE for years, sending data regularly, but never get anything for it. Support is a blackhole, a waste of time, 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, schludermann said:

YouGov is a mixed bag. I get toughly one high point, 500 points or greater, at least twice a month, a weekly 100 point media personality recognition survey, every couple of months a high point EDU study, 2000+.  Occasionally some points from SAFE, they want to know what you’re streaming on subscription. I only stream free youtube weird stuff. I’ve been running PULSE for years, sending data regularly, but never get anything for it. Support is a blackhole, a waste of time, 

I agree.  I rarely get a high point survey from them, and the Pulse is always crashing and I have to restart it.  I don't think it is worth the effort frankly.  May be time to get rid of it.  I did it a few years back and they paid me monthly at that time.  Takes me 2 years to get to cash out for a large Amazon GC. I might get something else and spend less points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It takes me forever to cash out for a $50 Amazon, but I keep doing YouGov, because most of their surveys are interesting, and I rarely get denied.  I get too many 250 point surveys though.  If I got a few 1,000 point surveys, I would be able to cash out.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty much done with YouGov.

The small amount I had in my Direct Wallet disappeared and was never moved.

The balance just went to zero with no points added to the the so called "YouGov Wallet".

• Like 1

I got so fed up with you gov.  I think they've screwed people by changing over the "you gov Chat" and I never even see any compensation associated with that.  When I tried to login I had to request a link to reset password and nothing ever arrived despite being a member for like 4 years.  They seem like a bait and switch now.  Just business as usual for most survey companies, mine data from us then refuse to pay and go dark. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had my amount in the Direct account converted to points.  Took them three weeks longer than the supposed date to convert.

Received 3 points for each cent in the account.

Just put me over the line to redeem for the minimum amount, but.................

Yes, we are back to the same ole problem........ can not redeem and keep getting the "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSS" something went wrong screen again.

Tried redeeming on the mobile phone and tried via the computer. 

Tried inputting all the fields manually as well.

Changed the privacy and cookie settings.

Didn't make any difference

Sent email to help - no reply as usual.

IIRC last time it took 6 to 8 weeks of this constant logging in and trying time after time to redeem and no, I never did hear from YouGov help in all that time.

Unreal...................

I got a survey from YouGov today that was worth 5,000 points, and you got an additional $5 gift card, but when I clicked the link, they said the study was already full.  Did anybody do this one?  When they said it was full, they asked me if I wanted to do any other surveys, and I said yes, and I did two 250 point surveys.  All I need now is 700 points to cash out for a $50 Amazon GC.

• 2 months later...

The past few times I have redeemed points for Amazon code from YouGov, I  wait longer than the 3 weeksthey stipulate and will have to contact them again, tomorrow.  Last few times after contacting, I'd receive the code in 4 and 1/2 weeks