Anybody else a member of the Future Focused panel on C Space?

NFriday

Hi- I just got accepted to the Future Focused panel on C Space.  I did an AARP C Space panel for several years when I first started doing surveys, and it was okay.  This is going to be related to health, and I am supposed to offer health advice I believe.  It sounds like it is going to last a while, and I will get compensated.  On the other C Space board, I participated in I think I got at least $10 in Amazon GC every month for maybe 30 minutes work, and some months I got twice as much when I had to do more.  I am not sure what they mean by Future Focused.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just started with them, and it is a lot more work than they said it would be.  It sounded like I would only spend five minutes responding to questions, and I would get paid $5.  It is more like 30 minutes or more.  They ask you a question such as how you buy stuff, and if you buy in person or online, and how it has changed in the last 5-10 years.  They also asked me about banking and how it has changed, and how I pay for bills.  The first question I got was what the most infuriating medical experience I have ever had.  I am going to get I think $8 for spending over 30 minutes, and I just got another email from then, where they have another question that need answered, and for that one I will receive another $5.  Other members of the group can respond to what you have posted.  They also asked me where I love to travel.  It will be interesting to see if other people respond to what I posted.  You can ask other people questions too if you want to.  I don't know how long this is going to last, and if I am going to get Amazon GC, or paypal or something else.  I think they paid with Amazon the last time, but I am not sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NFriday said:

The first question I got was what the most infuriating medical experience I have ever had.

The audacity of these organizations to make one recall stressful life experiences for so little is amazing. It would not be unexpected that someone could bring up a near death experience. The reason I'm so keen to these, is I have the autistic memory configuration and to recall a memory is to rexperience it it. This is common for autistics and very useful if creating novelty & inventions. it is useful at iteration, observation and incrementing through the design process. I also got the hyperlexia module which is not so common.

I've done five different C-Space groups and each had a different mission and compensated differently. Typically a much tighter focus and less demanding, time wise, than what you detail. There maybe a feedback process to C-Space corporate to report task misrepresentation.

• Like 1

Hi- I did another survey last night that took me over an hour.  When they asked me if I had any comments, I did mention that the thing took way too long.  They told me that I would get $8 and it would take me 5 minutes, which is obviously not the case.  The one I did last night said once I complete it, I might get an additional $5.  They do have an email posted in case you have any questions about the community.  The other study I did was for AARP, and was much less involved time wise.  I think it varies according to who is hiring them to do the community.  Most people are thanking them for letting them into the community.  I might send them an email, and see if some changes might be made.  Last night they asked me about Apple, the Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins Clinics, and a few other companies, and they asked the same questions about each company, and so there were a lot of repeat questions and answers.  Questions such as would I use them for routine care?  Why would I go to Apple for routine medical care?  So far I have not received any rewards.

Yes- Apple Inc.  I have not gotten paid yet by them, but they have not sent me any more studies to do either, but I just checked their website, and there is one conversation they want me to be involved in, and there is a special project in which you have to be interviewed via webcam for 45 minutes, and they pay you with a $35 Amazon GC.  They will let me know if I am eligible for that one that takes place next week.

• 5 months later...

I just got another email from them last week, and they had two panels they wanted me to do, and it took me forever to do them, and both of them just asked variations of the same question, and I did a lot of similar or exactly the same answer to get through the survey without taking hours.  I am sure CSpace did not write the panel questions.  I don't know how much I have been paid by them yet.  I have been doing it for six months.

I just looked, and for anybody that completes both panels, you are going to be entered in a drawing for a $100 honorarium.  Otherwise, they don't say how much they are paying.

I just looked it up, and I have been paid a total of $34 for six months work.  The last time I got paid was the end of July, when I got paid $8 for the work, I did with them for June.  I have not gotten paid yet for July and August. 

Well, I just got an email from them that Future Focused is ending on 9/29.  They asked us to give some final comments.  I said some of the questions were repetitive, and that some of the panels took way longer than they said they would.  They also owe me for August and September