Survey about furnishings

Rahski

I am new to Survey Junkie.  I did a survey last week on furnishings and interior design.  It involved detailed questions about square feet of rooms, what purchased, etc.  I got to the end "Your almost done" page where they send you to 2-3 last demographic questions.  The ball spins and "sorry this survey just filled up here's 2 points" - I was shocked and wrote to Survey Junkie.  I got a standard response "sometimes that happens."  So I am starting to take surveys again today and this same survey pops up.  I decided that they probably already fixed the glitch and are trying to relaunch the survey.  I took it again and got all the way to the end again and BAM "Sorry it's full" - I was reading on this site about a user that takes screen shots to prove he was right and so I had done that as well.  I just sent it again to SJ and might get a response.  The firm is ipsosinteractive and current survey number is 53110.  Is this typical?  THANKS

• Sad 2

I've been on SJ for about a year and a half now and I've noticed it happening pretty often. I'll spend up to half an hour on a survey and then complete the demographic questions at the end or be told something like "this concludes the survey. Please click to submit your answers" and I'll get the "Sorry, you don't qualify for this survey" or "Oops, this survey filled up" message from SJ. It's beyond annoying. I think some have speculated that the survey providers do this just to get answers from you without having to award compensation. I've read that the "this survey filled up" message could come because they just happened to get enough responses as you were taking the survey. Pretty lousy odds if you ask me.

A few months ago I took a survey put out by a university professor. I completed it and then was kicked back to SJ to be told I didn't qualify, or it filled up. I actually emailed the professor since he'd provided his contact info before the start of the survey. He was very nice and surprised that I had gotten kicked out with no compensation and he actually awarded me the amount of money for the survey through Venmo. I've also had problems where I'd be kicked out of a survey and told I was disqualified for breaking rules like "be consistent," "take your time", "be honest"... when I'd never broken any rules. I took screen shots that showed the survey ID number and the error message. When I heard back from Support they were nice about it although they didn't seem to understand like you said. I kept pressing it though and they did award me some compensation in the end (like if the survey was 125 points they gave me 60 or something like that). 

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hope you get a decent response from them!

• Like 1

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I've had that happen to me many times on several different survey sites. I've gotten to the point where I will absolutely not take any surveys that are over 15 minutes in length on any survey sites except for Prolific. It seems to happen on the longer surveys. I'd hate to spend 30-40 minutes and have that happen. If this is happening to you a lot and you don't get anywhere with screenshots, I'd suggest filing a complaint with the BBB. Sometimes that gets results.

• Like 1

I'm the same way, I usually won't take any surveys that are longer than 15-20 minutes. Sometimes I'll get routed to a survey from Ipsos that is supposed to be around 15 mins and it will take me almost an hour to finish! Usually the ones talking about a huge list of TV shows/specials on different channels, especially streaming ones. Most of them I'd never heard of and they actually ask you what the genre is and where you can watch it. I had to Google most of them, haha. But it was so long it took me around an hour to finish. I ended up getting one of those today and as soon as I saw the questions about whether I'd watched this or that show I immediately closed it out. 

Thanks for the advice. I'd thought about complaining to the BBB before, I might just do that if I don't get anywhere.

• Like 1