Wasted 20 minutes on a survey, error message at end

jessmac78

So sick and tired of broken surveys. This one was by a company called "Directions" with a multi-headed arrow logo (I was redirected to it via SJ). It was about dry dog food brands, which was a perfect match since I have 2 dogs. Had a lot of questions and took me at least 20 minutes to finish. I answered a few questions for classification purposes and when it went to submit the final question, BAM, I get a page from "activemeasure" with an error message saying "Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found" with some little cartoon ghost shrugging and with a word bubble saying "Exception!" I tried hitting my browser's back button to see if I could try it again but it just immediately redirected to that page. When I'd gone back I'd noticed there was a "Help" link at the bottom of the survey's page, but before I could even click on it I got redirected to the error page again.

Not going to contact SJ because I'd get the same old canned "this happens sometimes, there's nothing we can do" response. I hunted down ActiveMeasure, which is now some other company and contacted them to let them know about the broken surveys since this isn't the first time this has happened. I just hate the fact that I wasted so much time and then it errors out at the very end.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's disgusting how these survey panels waste our valuable time and effort. Regarding Directions, I've had a few of those from various other survey panels. They are notorious for plying people with lengthy monotonous surveys and then screwing them at the end. After the third or fourth time this happened to me, I just X out when I see anything from Directions. I had tried complaining to the survey panels, and got the same canned response stating they have no control over third party surveys and no help or assistance. Like JD Power, Peanut Labs, I will just X out. I refuse to waste my time on these. This is also why I will not do any survey for over 15 minutes unless it's from Prolific. If it doesn't state how long the survey will be, I will not do it. I'm done wasting my time on this crap.

• Like 2

I had one like this too today on BS. 20 minutes of being run through a meat grinder, push the submit button and get "parameters not set properly".

I got to the point if it only happens once a day, I just shrug it off. When it happens 2 or 3 times in a day, it really becomes disheartening.

• Sad 1

On 3/23/2022 at 4:18 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's disgusting how these survey panels waste our valuable time and effort. Regarding Directions, I've had a few of those from various other survey panels. They are notorious for plying people with lengthy monotonous surveys and then screwing them at the end. After the third or fourth time this happened to me, I just X out when I see anything from Directions. I had tried complaining to the survey panels, and got the same canned response stating they have no control over third party surveys and no help or assistance. Like JD Power, Peanut Labs, I will just X out. I refuse to waste my time on these. This is also why I will not do any survey for over 15 minutes unless it's from Prolific. If it doesn't state how long the survey will be, I will not do it. I'm done wasting my time on this crap.

Thanks. I totally agree. I'm going to add Directions to my "run, don't walk, away" list along with JD Power and others. I try to stay away from the surveys that are longer than 15 minutes as well, but the problem with Survey Junkie is you don't always know what you're going to get when you click on the link that provides the number of points and length of the survey. They'll advertise a survey as being 10 minutes and then the actual survey you're redirected to says something like 20 minutes. I'm guessing it's probably like that on other survey panels too. But as soon as I see the URL of the one I'm redirected to I'll close it out if it's one of those notorious ones. Shame it has to be that way.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 5:58 PM, drgray said:

I had one like this too today on BS. 20 minutes of being run through a meat grinder, push the submit button and get "parameters not set properly".

I got to the point if it only happens once a day, I just shrug it off. When it happens 2 or 3 times in a day, it really becomes disheartening.

That's what really gets me, when it happens more than once a day. It's especially frustrating when you're trying to complete a grind (like having to complete 3 surveys worth a certain amount of points each over the course of a week or something like that).

• Like 1

Makes my blood boil. Did a survey yesterday, about 15mins, completed it until the end and then got nothing, total waste of my time and complete fraud.

I emailed the useless Qmee, no doubt I will get the same old nonsense reply, getting so fed up with it.

• Like 1