Surveys asking what Generation you belong to

jessmac78

Anyone ever get a survey that asks what generation you belong to as part of the screening questions? For the second day in a row I happened to get a survey that asked this question. Being from Generation X I answered likewise and I was immediately screened out - kicked back to Survey Junkie's site where I wasn't even told I didn't qualify or awarded any points for compensation. I wish I'd paid attention to this specific survey provider but I assume they're only looking for Millennials or younger for these surveys. 

I'll know better and skip these surveys as soon as I see that question.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, I wish I could remember which survey provider asked that question. I think I remember getting asked that question in the past and from what I recall I never completed any of them successfully. 

Generations are an important market group, and I get this quite a bit. Your marginalization by Survey Junkie was quite frequent. After 1,800 surveys they still treated me like a PoS. So, I took my ball and found someone else to play. Since these so-called  panels don't create any content, your likely to get the same surveys at another panel that fields other surveys. There are panels like Ipsos, Pinecone and Tellwut (for their parent company Paradigm), actually author surveys and have a bit higher level of support. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, jessmac78 said:

I've heard some good things about Pinecone - I may go with them next. I'm winding down my participation at Survey Junkie and will just cash out and be done with it.

Pinecone is part of neilsen. I’m estimating this from the URL changes i notice once i under take a survey. Pinecone can be odd. They can send surveys that are spot on to your profile. And then send guys six months of surveys for expecting mothers. . They check every survey for quality responses and can take a few days to award the $3. They do a fair amount of product testing and that can pay a few bucks to fifty. 

Pinecone can be a waiting game to join. They can also neutralize an account and stop sending opportunities, if they decide your profile isn't useful. I experienced that once. 

• Like 1

I have gotten that question. I think mine is "silent" as I am 84. Not sure what they mean by that as I am not silent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2