Has This Ever Happened To You? (I Will Never Learn!)

Sandy21

I was scheduled to take part in a focus group this evening through Branded Surveys. I got there 45 minutes before the start time, they suggested 30 minutes. I logged in and waited and waited and waited. Finally at two minutes after the group was supposed to start I got a message that the focus group had started and I was not included.

This happened to me once before with a focus group through Branded and I promised myself I would never fall into this trap again. But I guess I will never learn...or maybe NOW after wasting a lot of time TWICE I have finally learned.

Yes, I do know it is really not Brandeds fault and that more people are invited to take part than they have room for but I am still NOT HAPPY!

A word of warning, when invited to take part in a focus group through Branded don't expect to take part, unless you are lucky. Apparently I am unlucky. :blink:

(Administrators, If possible, can you move this to  Rant and Rave? I meant to post this in that forum. Thanks and I apologize for the error)

• Sad 2

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know with some of those focus groups, it really is difficult. I was on one, can't remember the survey panel it was, where I logged in 30 minutes prior and waited. About 10 minutes after that, it told me the focus group was full, even though I had logged in. I was livid. And yes, it was Branded's fault not yours. If you logged in 45 minutes prior, that should have been sufficient time. Was there a wait icon? It's possible maybe that your computer was idle for a while and timed out. Otherwise I'd say the problem was on Branded's end. I tend to decline invitations to these types of focus groups, where I have to be logged in and wait. Once burned and all that. 

19 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

(Administrators, If possible, can you move this to  Rant and Rave? I meant to post this in that forum. Thanks and I apologize for the error)

Not a problem. Done!

3 hours ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know with some of those focus groups, it really is difficult. I was on one, can't remember the survey panel it was, where I logged in 30 minutes prior and waited. About 10 minutes after that, it told me the focus group was full, even though I had logged in. I was livid. And yes, it was Branded's fault not yours. If you logged in 45 minutes prior, that should have been sufficient time. Was there a wait icon? It's possible maybe that your computer was idle for a while and timed out. Otherwise I'd say the problem was on Branded's end. I tend to decline invitations to these types of focus groups, where I have to be logged in and wait. Once burned and all that. 

I continually got messages from the sponsor of the focus group for the entire 45 minutes I was sitting there like a fool and waiting. No timing out or idle computer....Twice burned so I say NEVER AGAIN!

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...