Why do Surveys.....?

SurveyFrank

2 hours ago, neminem said:

Cause why not - same reason they ask for any demographics, presumably, so they have more data about demographics?

I agree

I've always wondered that too. I don't mind answering however. What I find more annoying are questions about my kids; I can understand if the survey that's asking involves children's products, but so many of them ask for my kids' ages and genders even when the survey itself has nothing to do with kids...

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that question along with the political stance question put us in a box.. many feel we answer based on what our faith is telling us to believe.  They may choose to put an entire group aside in their data results because of this.

Because they could sell it to a client, or tune the membership base to fit with certain demographic requirements. For me, Probably even more frequent is the question, am I Hispanic?  Maybe there is a geographic component if others else where in the country don't get that question as frequently, I'm in Texas

I get the Hispanic question on most surveys, and I live somewhere with a large population of Hispanics. You might be on to something.