Mypoints new message

rosiesmom

So for sometime I have been complaining about mypoints and doing the whole survey and then getting a message that is As-You-Know-You-Will-Get-Your-Incentive-Later and so on.  And NOW, I am getting a little box pop up stating that the points will not instantly added to my account, but I guess it is at least 4-6 weeks later.  Last week I received points from a survey that I took at the end of January. It was like 125 points.  I was caught off guard.  Is that the way surveys are headed?  I don't get that on any other panel that I am with. 

• Like 1

I don't think this isn't all that new. Commissioned surveys on many panels don't credit participation until "closed'. Which think is code for properly scrubbed. Pointless Clubbing could take up to six months to make a points award or invalidate the participation. Some panels like lifelesspoints would just claw back the points. So most likely the pop up is an attempt to reduce support requests for "where's my points". It could be that this is a new scheme to deny you points by dragging the approval out for a longtime, and you forget about it. In that possibility it will take work to detect and, and making a spreadsheet or document to track it would help. don't rely on panel integrity or mental notes. Mental notes aren't worth the paper they are written on:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, schludermann said:

I don't think this isn't all that new. Commissioned surveys on many panels don't credit participation until "closed'. Which think is code for properly scrubbed. Pointless Clubbing could take up to six months to make a points award or invalidate the participation. Some panels like lifelesspoints would just claw back the points. So most likely the pop up is an attempt to reduce support requests for "where's my points". It could be that this is a new scheme to deny you points by dragging the approval out for a longtime, and you forget about it. In that possibility it will take work to detect and, and making a spreadsheet or document to track it would help. don't rely on panel integrity or mental notes. Mental notes aren't worth the paper they are written on:)

I can see that happening.  The pop up just started for me a week ago, before that I was getting a message at the end of the survey.  I would rather have that message up front so I don't waste my time for 50 points.

7 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I would rather have that message up front so I don't waste my time for 50 points.

That would require fairness, integrity and transparency. Those words are excluded from survey and marketing language.  Panel transparency is my most common comment when communicating to the panel support drones. Tellwut is the most common, a couple-few times a month, and I think they are tired of that personal drone.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 10:26 AM, NevadaJones said:

Swagbucks the same. But they are owned by the same as mypoints, no?

I have never looked that up, but I do believe because sometimes I am routed from one to the other to keep from paying me points I think. 

• Like 1

I have been receiving this message after I finish the survey "You've already participated in this survey."  Oh gee, thanks Knucklehead Fred, like they couldn't inform me of that before I completed the silly thing??  Seriously, I am asked all the prequalification questions first, so I'd think they would know immediately if I had already participated in that survey.  Now, I only go for the surveys that are less then 10 minutes, to spend 20 or 40 minutes on a survey only to be told that is very frustrating.  I've been doing this since 2008, and finding it harder to stay focused on any survey longer than 10 or 15 minutes.  I make up for it by getting the Perk Points, reading the emails, but my biggest point maker is through shopping.  I can't complain too much, they've never cheated me out of any rewards, I've received them instantly too.   

• Like 3

On 5/3/2022 at 12:20 AM, rosiesmom said:

So for sometime I have been complaining about mypoints and doing the whole survey and then getting a message that is As-You-Know-You-Will-Get-Your-Incentive-Later and so on.  And NOW, I am getting a little box pop up stating that the points will not instantly added to my account, but I guess it is at least 4-6 weeks later.  Last week I received points from a survey that I took at the end of January. It was like 125 points.  I was caught off guard.  Is that the way surveys are headed?  I don't get that on any other panel that I am with. 

I wouldn't worry, you will get all your points that you are owed as survey companies are so HONEST! HA

If surveys are headed this way then I'm out.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, zeekers said:

I have been receiving this message after I finish the survey "You've already participated in this survey."  Oh gee, thanks Knucklehead Fred, like they couldn't inform me of that before I completed the silly thing??  Seriously, I am asked all the prequalification questions first, so I'd think they would know immediately if I had already participated in that survey.  Now, I only go for the surveys that are less then 10 minutes, to spend 20 or 40 minutes on a survey only to be told that is very frustrating.  I've been doing this since 2008, and finding it harder to stay focused on any survey longer than 10 or 15 minutes.  I make up for it by getting the Perk Points, reading the emails, but my biggest point maker is through shopping.  I can't complain too much, they've never cheated me out of any rewards, I've received them instantly too.   

I am still waiting on points from last year.  So it looks like I wasted my time.  I just closed out of 3 right in a row that gave me the you-won't-get-your-points-yet message.  I do try to buy through mypoints, shop and so on, but I have been stiffed out of points like that with them too.  I have been doing surveys for years, but I am still learning.  With all the waiting to get my points, there are many days I don't make my goal, which they set.

On 5/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, NevadaJones said:

Swagbucks the same. But they are owned by the same as mypoints, no?

I am having issues with Swagbucks regarding a panel discussion.  They are refusing to respond to my requests after I sent them evidence of my participation and completion.  They are now attempting to shift the blame on a third party whom they engaged.  

• Sad 1

My Only problem is I've been disqualified from many but still get a point or 2 or even 3 but when I do, always get me points even with Swagbucks, Never had a problem with them on surveys but when I try uploading receipts from stores. they only allow it once probably since there owned by the same company but I try to see which 1 is offering the higher percentage    When talking about You've already participated in this survey, they let me know before hand & I've never had problems with either of them getting back to me

Edited by OLDMANWILLY63
Left out a reply to some comments made by other people comments