Tellwut permitting surveys that allow PII for TSAsurvey

schludermann

Just finished a ResearchNow survey host on Qualtrics  and fielded by Tellwut that asked PII (Personally Identifiable Information). The 50 point, 5 minute survey asked full name, email, a serious statement that all questions must be answered with complete truth, a lot of standard demographics questions, interspersed with several instances of solo kittens frolicking, outside on manicured lawns in the shade and from what I could tell, contained just one question "Do you know anyone applying for a job with the Transit Security Administration (TSA)?"  Did anyone else bump into anything similar? I sent an email to Tellwut support, I also informed the survey company I was reporting this conduct in a debriefing comments section at the conclusion of the survey, and suggested that the survey providers that pushed this through should be banned from Tellwut. Tellwut knows I post here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

YIKES, that is totally insane. I have never had anything like that. And I back out of all surveys that ask for personal information..

• Like 2

at this point i would be very careful.Personal info should never be required.Since all these " new rules" and those horrible popups from the bottom of the page I have to say its better to move on.Its sad to see such a good site turn so bad.I wrote to customer service about the popups and they responded to just x them out. Guess what? As soon as I did it just opened the ad over and over again.I get that ads are neccesary but when the ruin your experience or drop malware on you pc its time to go.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2022 at 7:50 AM, mnleona said:

I have not gotten that question. Did Tellwut respond?

Yes I got a cryptic and disturbing response, 

"Thank you for contacting us. This one is allowed to ask for that information as they are matching it to voter database, it should say before you click that personal information was required."

I did not recall any explanation that the survey respondents were being matched to voter registration. Maybe that notification was in invisible text that was the same color as the background, white on white. This is Tellwut survey 4162550

• Confused 1

On 5/15/2022 at 4:03 PM, schludermann said:

Yes I got a cryptic and disturbing response, 

"Thank you for contacting us. This one is allowed to ask for that information as they are matching it to voter database, it should say before you click that personal information was required."

I did not recall any explanation that the survey respondents were being matched to voter registration. Maybe that notification was in invisible text that was the same color as the background, white on white. This is Tellwut survey 4162550

I have had that one before on anther site I think it was Made

I was a little Leary at first but thought it might be for a product to test so went ahead and did it from what I remember it was your name and state  and it was regarding voting

They should definitely tell you why that information is needed

9 hours ago, peach6 said:

I have had that one before on anther site I think it was Made

I was a little Leary at first but thought it might be for a product to test so went ahead and did it from what I remember it was your name and state  and it was regarding voting

They should definitely tell you why that information is needed

I think it was Qmee