Lifepoints Kicked Me Out!

Sandy21

I was unable to log in today so as instructed I wrote to the help desk. Here is the response:

"After reviewing your account history and performing an audit of your membership, we have found evidence that you have violated the LifePoints Reward Point Rules. Therefore, your account has been deactivated and all LifePoints (LPs) have been forfeited."

I am utterly furious as I have never ever violated any rules. I just take the surveys as I've done for many years.. 

A few years back they tried to pull something and said i resigned and i absolutely did not. But after extensive emailings they said I could open an account with a new email address and they'd transfer my points. I never did get the points but I was stupid enough to start from scratch with a new email address and now look what happened. 

I responded to their false accusations and told them that I've never ever broken any rules and I wanted to know EXACTLY  what I was being accused of.. Doubt they will get back to me.

I just cashed out for a $25 GC so I am being cheated out of that plus another 600 plus points left in my account.

Do I have any recourse at all?  Has anyone here at Survey Police had this same experience? I just have NO IDEA how these survey sites get away with this kind of reprehensible behavior!. I'll bet this has happened to others time and time again and it will keep happening until there is a way to stop these thiefs.

• Sad 2

Within less than 5 minutes of asking for details as to WHY I was thrown out I got the following pat response that they must send to everyone:

Hello,

Your inquiry was escalated for further review. The Terms and Condition violations have been confirmed and the account(s) will remain closed.

LifePoints reserves the right to terminate any membership suspected of Terms and Condition violations and further forfeit all awards earned from said account.

LifePoints does not reveal how investigations are conducted or the measures taken to investigate memberships. This policy is a precaution to prevent future circumvention of our security measures and/or investigative tactics.

LifePoints always errs on the side of the member, and the evidence must be overwhelming to result in membership termination. The evidence in your case was overwhelming.

Therefore, your membership(s) were terminated and all associated LifePoints (LPs)/awards were forfeited upon membership termination.

The LifePoints Team

TOTALLY  RIDICULOUS that my account was "escalated for further review". How is that even possible as I got this canned response in less than five minutes after asking for reasons for my termination.

Not only is lifepoints  a bunch of thieves but they are liars also. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What happened to you looks like a carbon copy of what Toluna did to me in March. I can share in your anguish. I only had to forfeit $10 which I estimate took 3 hours to earn.

I guess if you steal $25 here, $10 there, etc., it adds up to a good chunk of change at the end of the day.

Our recourse is slim and none. If someone has to suffer some malady, such as cancer of the anus, these thieving, low class sleaze appear to be good candidates.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, drgray said:

What happened to you looks like a carbon copy of what Toluna did to me in March. I can share in your anguish. I only had to forfeit $10 which I estimate took 3 hours to earn.

I guess if you steal $25 here, $10 there, etc., it adds up to a good chunk of change at the end of the day.

Our recourse is slim and none. If someone has to suffer some malady, such as cancer of the anus, these thieving, low class sleaze appear to be good candidates.

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry you had to go through this as well. Hours and hours of tedious work down the drain because of these dishonest scumbags. Sigh

I have been looking around and it appears that as of May first LifePoints is ripping off members that have been with them awhile, doing exactly the same thing to them as they did to me. AND very often ir is when a member of long-standing cashes out. That way they don't have to pay. 

This is an abominable practice and should be illegal but apparently it is not.

Disgust and disappointment as well as anger are just some of the feelings that I can express here.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, episemion said:

No issues with them and have been a member for 20+ years. Started back when they were mysurvey

Lucky you. Wish I could say the same.

6 hours ago, episemion said:

No issues with them and have been a member for 20+ years. Started back when they were mysurvey

I should add that I have also been a member for MANY years. In September of 2018 (when it was still MySurvey) they told me I cancelled my account which I did not. They gave me the option of re-joining using a new email address and they would transfer my points. I did just this but they never restored my points. I should have known then how horrible this site was but I guess I was more trusting back then. 

I am glad you are having a good experience with them.  I HOPE what has happened to me does not happen to you or anyone else but I doubt this despicable and what should be illegal behavior will ever stop with them.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. If you look at the reviews of LifePoints, the majority of them are one star or less. Looks like many have been kicked out of there. The responses you received are likely from a 'bot. Survey sites do not reward loyalty. It seems the longer you have been with a site, the more likely you will be culled from that site. I don't think you have any recourse. You could try and file a complaint with BBB, but they are kind of a joke too. Maybe you could file a complaint with your state attorney's office, or threaten to do so to them. When I was with Point Club, they decided to give me the runaround about approving my points for months. I finally stated on this site that I would file a complaint to my state attorney's office, and voila, within a few hours, I had my points approved! Then I dumped them. 

I refuse to let survey sites treat me like this. Screw LifePoints. They can stick it where the sun don't shine. I'd say good riddance. You won't have them wasting anymore of your valuable time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dawn_b_adams said:

I'm so sorry this happened to you. If you look at the reviews of LifePoints, the majority of them are one star or less. Looks like many have been kicked out of there. The responses you received are likely from a 'bot. Survey sites do not reward loyalty. It seems the longer you have been with a site, the more likely you will be culled from that site. I don't think you have any recourse. You could try and file a complaint with BBB, but they are kind of a joke too. Maybe you could file a complaint with your state attorney's office, or threaten to do so to them. When I was with Point Club, they decided to give me the runaround about approving my points for months. I finally stated on this site that I would file a complaint to my state attorney's office, and voila, within a few hours, I had my points approved! Then I dumped them. 

I refuse to let survey sites treat me like this. Screw LifePoints. They can stick it where the sun don't shine. I'd say good riddance. You won't have them wasting anymore of your valuable time.

Thank you for your kind words and very sound advice. You are appreciated!

I DID see here on Survey Police and on a few other sites that many others have had the same unfair and downright despicable  experience  that I have,  being kicked out for absolutely  no reason. Many of us who were bounced got the same exact email of "non- explanation". So I concur these emails were sent by a bot.

Yes, the BBB really has no recourse and it's a total waste of time to write to them. I am not going to go to my state attorney generals office as I've tried that route too in the paet and I was told that until laws are passed there is really nothing they can  do.

So I agree and I say good riddance to bad rubbish and I am not going to try to be cheated for a third time. I shouldn't  have tried the second time around.

Dishonest and unfair companies will continue to rip us off until laws are passed. But I think it will be the twelfth of never until that happens!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, peach6 said:

I have 2 surveys on my dashboard today and when I click on them they say

404 Bad Gateway

A 404 is a site issue , generally a bad URL.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:02 AM, Sandy21 said:

I was unable to log in today so as instructed I wrote to the help desk. Here is the response:

"After reviewing your account history and performing an audit of your membership, we have found evidence that you have violated the LifePoints Reward Point Rules. Therefore, your account has been deactivated and all LifePoints (LPs) have been forfeited."

I am utterly furious as I have never ever violated any rules. I just take the surveys as I've done for many years.. 

A few years back they tried to pull something and said i resigned and i absolutely did not. But after extensive emailings they said I could open an account with a new email address and they'd transfer my points. I never did get the points but I was stupid enough to start from scratch with a new email address and now look what happened. 

I responded to their false accusations and told them that I've never ever broken any rules and I wanted to know EXACTLY  what I was being accused of.. Doubt they will get back to me.

I just cashed out for a $25 GC so I am being cheated out of that plus another 600 plus points left in my account.

Do I have any recourse at all?  Has anyone here at Survey Police had this same experience? I just have NO IDEA how these survey sites get away with this kind of reprehensible behavior!. I'll bet this has happened to others time and time again and it will keep happening until there is a way to stop these thiefs.

This is fraud, pure and simple. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from another awful, lying, cheating scum of a company LifePoints, I hope they go out of business.

I sympathise with you, I have never used LifePoints but I have heard the same thing happening to others. They do this to lots of different members and make lots of money from cheating and scamming people out of money that they have earned.

I wouldn't let this slide, in the UK we have trading standards and citizens advice, I would be taking this up with them, not sure what you have in the US, I would threaten them and demand exactly what rules you have broken as this is fraud.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bal said:

This is fraud, pure and simple. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from another awful, lying, cheating scum of a company LifePoints, I hope they go out of business.

I sympathise with you, I have never used LifePoints but I have heard the same thing happening to others. They do this to lots of different members and make lots of money from cheating and scamming people out of money that they have earned.

I wouldn't let this slide, in the UK we have trading standards and citizens advice, I would be taking this up with them, not sure what you have in the US, I would threaten them and demand exactly what rules you have broken as this is fraud.

Thanks for your kind words. I WISH we had some recourse here in the states as apparently you do in the UK. I've previously tried the BBB with other disgusting sites and that was a total waste of time. And I was even was in touch with my states Attorney General.  Apparently there are NO laws to protect us  and until there are we are screwed. These horribly dishonest survey companies KNOW THE LAW or more exactly, lack thereof, thus they KNOW they can get away with this continual fraud and make gobs of money at our expense. 

• Like 1