Are any of the sites offering free Steam gift codes actually legit?

Zandareagle

My comment was removed from Steam, so I am asking here. They are generally of the type - sign up get a free 5 or 10 dollar gift card. IdleEmpire etc, those kinds of sites.

I'm not usually a survey doing kind of person, but I know a friend who has been doing them for years now...so some must be semi legit?

Just doing my due diligence! I'm sure people here know better than I do.

If I start some sorta due diligence. Here's how I start. First I read the Term, TOS or TOC, and privacy policies. I look for an actual company address. If there is no address, bad sign. If there is an address, I reverse search, see what else is there. If it is a private mailbox service, bad sign. If I know the state and city, corporate record searches and DBA. Figure out the parties. If the company is really new, use TechCrunch or some business email search service, at this point your looking for skeletons. When I read the TOS I look for forfeiture, account closure and other the general demeanor. If there is a lot of "just because", bad sign. Next hop over to review sites, like SP, SiteJabber, TrustPilot, BBB, Federal Trade commission and so forth. Find out what rewards service they use and dig into that. If this is a lot of work, it is. However, I consume knowledge for entertainment and I've been through enough survey panels, if shaking the tree doesn't work,  that sometimes you have to hit the tree with your stick of knowledge to get something to fall out. If instead they nix the account and keep my rewards, then I use the sledge of knowledge. Knowledge can always be recycled, ask any Theoretical Physicist:)

Or could be the scout, wing it and tell us the outcomes.

• Thanks 1