Pinecone Research

JimG

1 hour ago, JimG said:

Have been trying to be a member of Pinecone Research  8 yrs, how' do I get on.?

You're not missing much, absolute garbage site nowadays, I get one survey every 6 months from them, complete waste of time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimG said:

Have been trying to be a member of Pinecone Research  8 yrs, how' do I get on.?

What Bal said. I'm on there, and it took a lot of time for me to get on there. You have to just keep trying and get rejected multiple times. They claim they have banners on certain websites, which they will not tell you what those websites are, to try and sign up. After several rejections, they finally deigned to let me on there. The surveys are few and far between. They do pay $3 each, and you can cash out with $3, but they do not have PayPal. 

And after a few years, based on anecdotes I've heard from others on here, they kick you out without any notice. They constantly refresh their survey takers, and my opinion is that they want young people (Gen Z) who spend a lot of money on consumer goods. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They use to be really good especially with giving you products to test

But that has changed when I do get a survey fro them which is rare I very seldom qualify

• Like 4

I just did one tonight, and I don't get them nearly as often anymore.  They used to pay $5 per survey and then it dropped to $3.  Some people have been dropped from their survey list because they no longer fit the demographics.  I still get them, but I do wish there were more. 

• Like 2

I was with them for maybe 15 years. Got on via a banner on a site that was posted before the forbid posting such info. Started when it was $5 per survey and the surveys were 2-3 every month with frequent products to test. Then it dropped to $3 per and there were still product tests. When they were taken over along with Harris and started the router system , which had issues at first , suddenly the number of surveys dropped and the ones I did get were either for drinkers , smokers , or gamers. Failed to qualify as I do none of those. Then I was suddenly dropped to "freshen the pool" at both Pinecone and Harris. No loss.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 8:49 PM, dawn_b_adams said:

What Bal said. I'm on there, and it took a lot of time for me to get on there. You have to just keep trying and get rejected multiple times. They claim they have banners on certain websites, which they will not tell you what those websites are, to try and sign up. After several rejections, they finally deigned to let me on there. The surveys are few and far between. They do pay $3 each, and you can cash out with $3, but they do not have PayPal. 

And after a few years, based on anecdotes I've heard from others on here, they kick you out without any notice. They constantly refresh their survey takers, and my opinion is that they want young people (Gen Z) who spend a lot of money on consumer goods. 

It was better when they offered PayPal Dawn, now you have to get the MasterCard, they have them awful prizes on there that are lots of money, who ever orders them I wonder :-D

• Like 1

Pinecone has declined dramatically this year. I've only been sent survey opportunities, about eight,  for projects that don't match my profile. Its probably relevant that the support tickets I've submitted on this issue,opportunity irrelevancy, have not been responded to. I just submitted a ticket apprising them of this discussion on decline.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been a member of Pinecone for a very long time, way back when it was $5 a survey. I dont even remember how i was able to join.

I got lots of surveys and sample products as well. I loved that they had a paypal option and cashed out frequently. 

As mentioned  in  previous  posts, paypal is no longer available and this site  really has gone downhill in the past few years.

The really odd thing is that I have gotten 4 surveys, one a day for the past four days. This has never happened to me in all the years I've been a member. Has anyone else been experiencing  an upsurge in the number surveys as of late?

They used to be my best now they are at the bottom

I hardly Get any and when I do I never qualify

They could dump me and I wouldn't miss them

• Sad 1

I used to love Pinecone & would get a bunch of products to try & now I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 surveys a month...guess it's sign of the times since Covid hit alot of companies are having a hard time these days 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I ditched Pinecone a few months ago because they got into the habit of screening me out 10-15 minutes into surveys, and when I complained they said these were screening questions! No great loss anyway - I used to get a single £3 survey every 6 to 8 weeks.