10 Minute Survey Takes 15 Minutes to Be Disqualified

Sandy21

Here is gripe that drives me nuts day in and day out. We all fill out this long forms with all our info, likes and dislikes etc. Then we get invited to take a survey saying it is a match. After answering tons of redundant  questions we find we don't qualify. Often these questions  to see if you qualify take longer than the entire survey is supposed to last!

So now we've wasted all that time and don't even get to take the survey. This happens over and over again and it's very frustrating to say the least. WHY did we fill out all that personal info, likes and dislikes  etc. if we are still put through the mill after we are given a survey we are told is a match and then we don't qualify??Grrrrrr

Even MORE frustrating  is completing a long survey and then you get a message that the survey is full once you submit it. I figure that they are using our info without paying us for it. Either way is a big waste of time. Sigh!

Does this irk anyone else?

Been there , done that. I too have always wondered why a site requests that you answer the same demographic questions that the redirected to survey will. Gotten good at doing those quickly.

14 hours ago, episemion said:

Been there , done that. I too have always wondered why a site requests that you answer the same demographic questions that the redirected to survey will. Gotten good at doing those quickly.

Thanks for your reply! :)

I just get so frustrated  when the qualifying questions take longer than the entire survey is supposed to take.

And then you don't qualify!! :eek:

Had a few of those, but had new one today.

Spent about 20 minutes doing the survey and reached near the end.

Answered a question, clicked the next arrow, and up pops.............

"Server not available"

Waited and tried a few more times and then this popped up:

"Service not available"

Nope, everything was working fine on my end with no problems connecting to other sites.

Emailed the place with copies of the screenshots attached, but I don't expect anything to happen.

18 hours ago, melbourne_yankee said:

Had a few of those, but had new one today.

Spent about 20 minutes doing the survey and reached near the end.

Answered a question, clicked the next arrow, and up pops.............

"Server not available"

Waited and tried a few more times and then this popped up:

"Service not available"

Nope, everything was working fine on my end with no problems connecting to other sites.

Emailed the place with copies of the screenshots attached, but I don't expect anything to happen.

I've had similar things happen to me but these sites never seem to get back to you. They just use your information  and don't pay.  I'm so sick of it!

3 hours ago, mnleona said:

It is frustrating. I finished one on Swagbucks and they gave me 1 point.  I sent them a message but sure it will not help. 

Don't hold your breath as they probably won't respond as you already know. So sorry we all have to take this crap and we have no recourse but to quit.

Well I received a response telling me that they they will  "...blah, blah, blah........" a day after I sent the email.

Then checked my rewards a few minutes ago..............

Got 5 cents for the survey as they deemed it a "duplicate".

Hah, never did a survey like that with them before.

Quick and easy solution for them and the problem as far as they are concerned is over.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Which survey companies are you referring to?  It's no use putting your 'Gripe' onto a site like this unless you name and shame the survey company(ies) concerned.  It seems there are more unscrupulous survey companies out there who do this sort of thing than I thought..................!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gemini43 said:

Which survey companies are you referring to?  It's no use putting your 'Gripe' onto a site like this unless you name and shame the survey company(ies) concerned.  It seems there are more unscrupulous survey companies out there who do this sort of thing than I thought..................!

I truly believe that all survey companies with very few exceptions pull this kind of stunt on so many of us. It's the rule not the exception to spend so much time "qualifying" and then either being booted out after taking so much time, usually longer than the entire survey is supposed to take. Or better yet you supposed qualify and then after wasting lots of time you complete the survey only to THEN be told the survey is full or you don't qualify. As far as I am concerned there is no sense in naming names and  more names since it's basically ALL  survey companies out there with few exceptions. 

I sometimes  feel better  after I rant especially  when  I find others that agree...misery likes company. So my purpose in ranting is to let out my angst and not shame certain companies. Thank you for  understanding what I am trying to say here. :)

All that being said I abhor LifePoints as they kicked me out when I cashed out and kept my hard-earned cash. I was a loyal member for many many years and then they dumped me and wouldn't  even tell me why. If you look at their reviews here this exact same thing happened to many people. Yes, they pull the same thing i was ranting about here but they go one step further. They are a dishonest money hungry bunch of thieves that deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth.

I've had that happen so many times. Yesterday I completed a survey that took at least 15 minutes and when I got to the end it said something like "You're all done! Thank you for participating." I clicked the "Finish" button, only to be kicked out of the survey and told "this survey filled up."  I was awarded a couple of points for my trouble but it seems obvious that they're getting free info from me when that happens. I was so disgusted because I figured I had it in the bag and then at the very end... "Oops, sorry, you're not getting compensated. Thanks for all the free info."  UGH. And it wasn't as if they had me answering demographics questions at the end, I just got kicked out without compensation after finishing the survey. I wish I could remember the survey company... it might have been Toluna but I'm not sure of that. I'll have to pay more attention from now on.

• Sad 1