Prolific Surveys Turning Into Math Tests, Ridiculous!

cricket

I am finding more and more Prolific surveys that make me feel like I am in school taking a math test or an SAT exam! I have to sit here calculating percentages and really wracking my brain to give the correct answer and what is supposed to be a 5 minute survey takes me forever. I just did one and quit it. Have you encountered these? This is my favorite company but I enjoy the psychology surveys, surveys that make me think, opinions...NOT math tests! Not worth the money for me. How about you?

• Like 3

I hear what you're saying. I've been running into this quite a bit too. Good thing I like math, LOL! But yeah, it's kind of annoying. I'm there to do a survey, not be quizzed on stuff that has no relevance to the survey I'm taking. I've thought about complaining, but then realized that nobody responds anyway so... 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention the question I see on other companies too....how many lilypads will there be in a certain amount of days. I have no head to calculate this anymore. Maybe when I was younger. But it isn't just the lilypads...then they ask how many widgets (whatever those are) and I just get disgusted and say the heck with the money or make a guess. SO annoying and draining and we really can't complain because it's individual PhD students (on Prolific anyway)...I love the company so I just go along with it. Thanks for your replies, good to know I'm not the only one annoyed!

• Like 4

A widget is a nonexistent item used in economic courses as an example such as a widget factory employs x number of workers that can produce y number of widgets in an hour, etc. Funny, I'd rather do these types rather than the worn out Orange Man, prior to Covid, etc. grinding were all subjected to. It seems most people are satisfied with Prolific. I can't partake because my ISP is not on the approved list.

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, peach6 said:

Seems like it's taking longer on Prolific to have your surveys approved

Has anybody else noticed that?

Yes, approval times are slowing down again. For a while, it was pretty fast, and now slow again. It seems to run in cycles.

• Thanks 1

Tried to join Prolific a while back and they put me on a waiting list.

Never heard anything since.

Wouldn't mind doing the surveys with mathematics as long as they were "real questions" and not some made up silly crap that checks to see if you have a brain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 5:38 PM, peach6 said:

Seems like it's taking longer on Prolific to have your surveys approved

Has anybody else noticed that?

Some of the surveys tell you how long it's going to be. I think it's just random. I was shocked today, I did a £12.00 survey and about 10 minutes later it was approved. I was surprised because I had to watch a very boring 30 minute video and told them it was so boring that hardly anything about it would stick in my head. Some surveys are approved right away some aren't. Sometimes a lot get approved on certain days.

With the math I just put anything and when I see the lily pond math I know those have nothing to do with the survey. I just put random numbers. Sometimes I skip the math and don't answer those questions. Most of the time they will let you skip them. I hate math and if there's a box for comments I tell them I hate math.  I noticed some of them lately ask you how good you are at certain math problems.