Dynata purchases Branded Surveys

Crmag9977

Wow! Part of the headline reads "enhancing market leadership in high-quality, proprietary data". Hahahahahaha! OMG, if that isn't total bs, I don't know what is! 

JMHO, Branded was a crappy survey site to begin with. So Dynata taking them over won't really make anything much worse. Or will it? I just find this so funny. After seeing numerous complaints regarding Branded, I decided not to sign up with them. Good thing I didn't sign up with them. 

I think eventually, Dynata will own all the survey sites. Talk about a monopoly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IDK if branded will be any worse or not . It’s possible Dynata wanted their panel, the data  and the members ( not the technology) and won’t change much. Who knows 

I have seen that survey sites that Dynata takes over tend to change for the worse. We will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

You can’t have more than one account for a single site , but you can be a member of different ones. They own a bunch . A lot of people do peanut labs surveys on more than one site , and they’re Dynata . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, Joyce65 said:

I read somewhere that you can't be a member of more than one Dynata survey site.  Is this true?  What survey sites do they own?

I don't think they can stop you, after all you belonged to other sites when they bought them. So what are they gonna do, kick everybody off because they belong to another of their sites, I don't think so, and they would probably have a lawsuit on them if they did. If they do have that policy and  want to enforce it then they would have to disband the other sites when they buy them, or combind them all into one site. That's my opinion.

• Like 1

Dynata has become so crap when I see survey is one of theirs (usually redirected from another site) I just abort

Better than getting screened out after 30 minutes or more

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:21 PM, Crmag9977 said:

Double bad news for me. I just signed up today. I didn't know Dynata acquired them. I'm signed up with One Opinion for years and it was my favorite but they have acquired that site too. I have had no luck with One Opinion since then. I used to cash out at least every 3-4 months. Now, nothing. Bad omen with Branded Research. I can see I'll have the same luck with them. In fact, I tried 4 surveys and was DQ'd. I might just quit ALL survey sites. No luck anywhere. :-(

• Sad 1

I’m not sure what the context for “high quality communities”. But i think months before the sale, branded was pumping for a purchase and did this by the daily five penny survey. They were asking, how happy are you with branded, branded support, how many panels do you participate in and stuff in that ilk. Before I bailed, there was a very revealing penny poll. The How many panels response indicated a highly insular population. Meaning only a very small portion of the members did any besides branded. I think this is a very useful means to get survey results that fit an answer with minimal scrubbing. Because branded maintains a very large data pool on each member and you can see yours under the “MyData” link from the member dashboard. They can herd panelists that will qualify for surveys of specific focus. 

• Like 1

With Dynata taking over so many survey panels, it seems they have become a monopoly that is detrimental to the industry and to consumers who use these panels.  They are by far, the worst company out there. The Better Business Bureau has thousands of complaints against them for shady operations, cancelling accounts, not paying people what they've earned, etc.  It's too bad that a government agency can't take steps to break up their monopoly on the market.  It's just a matter of time before they buy out the few remaining independent companies like Paid Viewpoint.com, Prolific, Ipsos, Pinecone research and a few others.  

• Like 1