Is this a trend?

Duck

I was disqualified after completing surveys six times today.  I think that is the highest number in a single day.  It is very frustrating and huge waste of my time.  I can't really say if it was trap questions of they just threw me out because they can.   Just venting.  

• Sad 1

I spent 40 minutes on one and when i went to submit it, I got the dreaded "thanks for giving us all this info about yourself, but we aren't going to pay you squat for your time" message.  This happens as much now as it did 15 years ago.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 6:53 AM, rosiesmom said:

I spent 40 minutes on one and when i went to submit it, I got the dreaded "thanks for giving us all this info about yourself, but we aren't going to pay you squat for your time" message.  This happens as much now as it did 15 years ago.

This is why I never take a survey that is listed as being longer than 20 minutes.  At least with shorter surveys I don't have as much time invested when they disqualify me. 

• Like 2

Happens all the time to so many of us and it is utterly frustrating. I've cut down enormously on my survey time as this frustration has really gotten to me. I HATE that it takes so long to even qualify for a survey, often longer than the survey is supposed to take! THEN you got totally through the entire survey and THEN you disqualify. Yeah, right...big rip off!

I just tried to do some surveys on Valued Opinions.  I finally got a survey that paid $1.50 that I was deemed eligible for.  It was a dynata survey about electronics.  I probably spent 40 minutes on the survey when it finally said I was almost finished, and then when I finally hit the submit button it said I was not eligible for the survey.  The survey was supposed to be about electronics purchases, but it went all over the map, and it also asked about COVID, and how it has affected me, and whether I think things are going to improve in regard to the pandemic.  It also asked if I was selling my place in the near future, and whether prices have gone up for me.  I was so angry when I was told I was not eligible for the survey after spending all that time on it.  I also tried some Clear Voice surveys, but at least I got $.10 for each survey that I did not qualify for.  Did anybpdy else get the survey on Valued Opinions?

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just took one yesterday that was for 14 minutes and 40 minutes later I finished it and then didn't get credit.  Got the "you didn't qualify" after spending all that time.  That was on mypoints by the way.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:59 PM, Sandy21 said:

Happens all the time to so many of us and it is utterly frustrating. I've cut down enormously on my survey time as this frustration has really gotten to me. I HATE that it takes so long to even qualify for a survey, often longer than the survey is supposed to take! THEN you got totally through the entire survey and THEN you disqualify. Yeah, right...big rip off!

I have learned to recognize when a survey is going to go long.  For instance if the progress meter is advancing very slowly or there is no progress meter at all.  Also if a survey is asking very detailed questions and a lot of them.  About 10-15 minutes in you get signs that it is going to go much longer at this point I have found that it is better to cut your loses and bail out, head for greener pastures.   Another way to avoid excessively long ones is to never take one that is listed over 20  minutes. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Duck said:

I have learned to recognize when a survey is going to go long.  For instance if the progress meter is advancing very slowly or there is no progress meter at all.  Also if a survey is asking very detailed questions and a lot of them.  About 10-15 minutes in you get signs that it is going to go much longer at this point I have found that it is better to cut your loses and bail out, head for greener pastures.   Another way to avoid excessively long ones is to never take one that is listed over 20  minutes. 

Good Advice!! Thank you

On 6/17/2022 at 6:51 PM, NFriday said:

I just tried to do some surveys on Valued Opinions.  I finally got a survey that paid $1.50 that I was deemed eligible for.  It was a dynata survey about electronics.  I probably spent 40 minutes on the survey when it finally said I was almost finished, and then when I finally hit the submit button it said I was not eligible for the survey.  The survey was supposed to be about electronics purchases, but it went all over the map, and it also asked about COVID, and how it has affected me, and whether I think things are going to improve in regard to the pandemic.  It also asked if I was selling my place in the near future, and whether prices have gone up for me.  I was so angry when I was told I was not eligible for the survey after spending all that time on it.  I also tried some Clear Voice surveys, but at least I got $.10 for each survey that I did not qualify for.  Did anybpdy else get the survey on Valued Opinions?

ValuedOpinions never work for me.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, Duck said:

I was disqualified after completing surveys six times today.  I think that is the highest number in a single day.  It is very frustrating and huge waste of my time.  I can't really say if it was trap questions of they just threw me out because they can.   Just venting.  

I get that too from mypoints and Swagbucks surveys.

I started doing surveys again after taking about a 3 month break (which actually felt great). I was able to finish one survey and then got DQ'd from 5 in a row. I had to laugh because the last one that DQ'd me asked me how many employees are at my business. I have a small business and so I chose "less than 1000." I was kicked back to Survey Junkie who told me I don't qualify. Are there really CEOs of companies that have tens of thousands (or even hundreds of thousands) of employees who spend their time taking these surveys? I can't imagine there are very many...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2