Yougov in the news with a survey about Biden and Trump

NFriday

Hi- I just noticed that YouGov just published the results of their survey asking how favorable they were to Biden.  Apparently quite a few people stated that they were very unhappy with Biden, and if they had a chance to vote again, they would vote for Trump instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, NFriday said:

Hi- I just noticed that yougov just published the results of their survey asking how favorable they were to Biden.  Apparently quite a few people stated that they were very unhappy with Biden, and if they had a chance to vote again, they would vote for Trump instead.

Gee, I wonder why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi- I wonder if they send surveys like this mostly to people that are conservative, because those are the only people that I could see voting for Trump.  There is an either love him or hate him attitude about Trump, and a lot of people in this country are upset about the price of gas and inflation in general and blame it solely on Biden.  The only way the price of gas wlll go down is if Russia pulls out of the Ukraine, and I don't see that happening very soon, or start driving less.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NFriday said:

Hi- I wonder if they send surveys like this mostly to people that are conservative, because those are the only people that I could see voting for Trump.  There is an either love him or hate him attitude about Trump, and a lot of people in this country are upset about the price of gas and inflation in general and blame it solely on Biden.  The only way the price of gas wlll go down is if Russia pulls out of the Ukraine, and I don't see that happening very soon, or start driving less.

Not true. Biden reversed all of Trump's energy dependent policies, scrapped the major Keystone Pipeline project, ceased oil drilling contracts in Alaska and the Gulf, and went back to relying mostly on foreign oil again. His entire agenda was to push out gas cars by raising gas prices. If you paid attention, gas prices actually started climbing as soon as Biden came into office and signed all those EO's reversing Trump's policies, WAY before the Ukraine fiasco. The Ukraine War just made it worse. Gas prices would go down immediately if we went back to drilling our own and back to Trump's energy drilling and fracking policies. I can promise you, gas prices would be much cheaper if Trump was still President. That is a guarantee! Biden destroyed the American economy with his policies. There are plenty of energy dependent countries where gas prices are actually very low, so this is not a global issue. Crude oil is around $110/barrel, which does not result in gas prices this high in the US. 

Personally, I don't know many people at all who would vote for Biden again. I agree Trump was NOT a professional person, nor did he have the proper morals we expect in a President. However, being a businessman, his economic policies were like gold. They worked very well and really had our economy thriving until the Pandemic came. I really hope they come up with a better Republican candidate than Trump, so we can get rid of Biden. It is our only chance getting this inflation to get under control. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would be very sad to see this great community get into a heated debate over politics. It's made for dissention in so many other communities. 

So far everyone has been respectful and I hope it stays that way but you never know.

Everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinions but sometimes it is best to keep politics out of the mix and get along as we always have.

I do not mean to offend anyone in the slightest. My only objective with this post is to continue to have everyone get along. 

Thank you for understanding!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I'll put up a short reply and then maybe a longer one later.

1.  The average price of gasoline in the USA in January 2020 was about US$2.20 per gallon.  In February 2022 just before Russia invaded the Ukraine the price was around US$3.60 per gallon.  That is a over a 60% increase in price. There are lots of reasons for that. Prices have gone up more since the invasion. So regardless of the invasion, gasoline prices under Biden went up over 60% from the time he took office.

2. Elections have consequences and the USA is just starting to feel those consequences.  Too bad for you.  Too bad for the rest of the world as well.

3. The removal of Russian oil, natural gas, fertilizer, wheat and other products is a direct result of sanctions imposed on Russia by many countries including the USA.  No sanctions and no removal:  simple. Russia didn't remove its products from the markets. It is also basic economics as well:  reduce the supply of something and everything else being the same prices go up.

Biden imposed the sanctions.  You get to live (or die in many third world countries as they can't get food or fertilizer) with the results. 

4. China is also a big supplier of refined products to the international oil markets. Because of their lockdowns supplies to the international market especially diesel have been reduced again putting pressure on prices.

5. One more reason is a decline in the refining capacity in the USA.  Refineries are being shut down as they age and although upgrades are being made to others, it doesn't make up for the lost capacity.

Yes, and if Biden didn't screw up the Paypal tax policies, we all wouldn't have to worry about accumulating more than $600/year from ALL survey companies combined, and being taxed on it. Before Biden, we would only receive a 1099 for Paypal if we made over $600 from ONE single company. Just another way he screwed us all over. 

• Like 2

That is why I don't do pay pal surveys.  I mostly do Amazon ones, but right now I have not been doing as many surveys, and I don't think I have done $600 worth of surveys in the last year, and market research studies are hard to come by.  It seems like the only market research ones I am eligible are on medicare.

The US is not the only country that has imposed sanctions on Russia.  Apparently, people have decided they can afford $5 a gallon for gas.  I am going to a family reunion in Michigan this weekend, and hotels are hard to find within a 50 mile radius.  People just want to get away, and I think there are a lot more weddings than there were two years ago.

Some more facts for people to consider.

Prior to the sanctions Russia was the world's second largest exporter of crude oil at around 4.6 million barrels per day. They also exported a little over 1 million barrels of gasoline and diesel. (The USA is the worlds largest exporter of refined products.) Russia was also the largest exporter of pipeline natural gas in the world at 197 billion cubic feet in 2020. Again the USA was second at 76 billion cubic feet.

Coal?

Russia was the third largest exporter of thermal coal at 173 million tons .  Indonesia, believe it or not, is the  world's biggest at 400 million tons (lots of low quality coal though) with Australia at number two at around 200 million tons. (Hey thanks to the sanctions Australian coal prices have gone through the roof pushing up electricity prices here.)

Grain and edible oils

Yep, Russia and the Ukraine are big exporters of grain.  Russia is the largest exporter of wheat in the world. It also ranks in the top ten exporters of barley, corn, rye, and oats. Russia is the  second biggest exporter of sunflower oil too.

Fertilizer?

Russia accounted for 20% of all fertilizer exports in 2021.  That is a reason why the price of fertilizer has exploded and reduced use is going to mean reduced yields and higher prices for food all over the world.

Metals?

Yep, there again too. Nickel (Number4).   In Aluminum it ranks as the second largest exporter.  Russia is the second biggest exporter of Platinum and Palladium in 2021 just behind South  Africa. Steel?  Again a big exporter coming in at number three in the world behind China at number one and Japan at number two. (Ukraine was number 8 at about half of Russia's amount.)

So if you are wondering why prices for commodities have gone up all you have do is remember where a lot of them came from and where they are not coming from now.  These sanctions put pressure on remaining supplies and push up the prices.

"The US is not the only country that has imposed sanctions on Russia. "

No, but the USA enacts is actions so that any country or company breaking those sanctions can feel the full force of the US including criminal actions , asset seizures, and blocked access to funds.

I'm not a real fan of Russia, but I wonder how and why the USA can just take someones' property without any court order or following so called provisions in US law for the past 200 years or so that safeguard people from things such as that............

That post above was composed of facts regarding Russia and its exports.

And now for the politics...................

I wonder if any of you remember what your "illustrious" President said during the Democratic Presidential debates or posted on Twitter in regards to the fossil fuel companies?

Here are a couple of reminders:

“No more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry,” Biden said. “No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period,” Biden said of his energy policies if he won the presidency. “It ends.”

(Democrat Presidential debates)

" We have to treat climate change like the existential threat it is. As president, I will:

- End subsidies for fossil fuel corporations
    - Ban new drilling on federal lands & waters
    - Hold oil executives accountable
    - Rally the world to raise the commitments of the Paris Agreement
    — Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) March 16, 2020

(Twitter)

And at the Nato summit in March:

"It’s going to be real," Biden said at a news conference in Brussels. "The price of the sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia. It’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well."

So if you are a company in that sector being bashed what are you going to do?  Invest money in a project that may get shut down? I don't think so.

And Mr Biden knows exactly what the results of the sanctions will be. He told you so in March.

"What does this have to do with surveys?"

Everything.

There are numerous surveys in the news about inflation and how people are doing.

Facts are needed to determine the reason for the current situation.