Prolific Giving Me IP Address Errors

Njsurveyman

Unfortunately one of my favorite survey sites is acting up now too. I have always said good things about Prolific, but suddenly it won't allow me to take any more surveys claiming my IP address has been flagged! This is ridiculous because I made no changes on my end. I tried emailing them, but so far I just received an auto respinse about how they randomly flag IP addresses and sometimes unflag them when they see nothing wrong. Well, then why not unflag mine?? I replied to their auto email and told them this is unacceptable. Meanwhile, I was still able to cash out thankfully and made sure I did this before they hold my money hostage too. My recommendation is cash out as soon as you hit $5 because this once great survey site is now acting screwy. Anyone else having IP issues with Prolific?

• Sad 2

UPDATE: Prolific still allows me to take surveys from my home Wifi internet connection. However, no longer allows me under a 4G connection outside of my home.

• Sad 1

I am experiencing VERY similar problems as of yesterday. Same back and forth emails about IP addresses flagged,  same  canned responses. BUT as you say surveys can be taken using 4G or 5G. 

I remembered reading your post and wanted to respond as misery loves company, so to speak.

I find  this all very strange.

• 1 year later...

This has happened to me with no reason. I have been a member over 18 months, not had one single rejected submission. I enjoy them, love taking part in research and now I`ve been banned from taking surveys due to suspicious bot activity on my IP

I`m with Virgin, they change your IP as it's not static. It's completely unfair to be damned for something someone else did. The support was very sympathetic but said there was nothing that could be done but wait. It may be months before my IP changes and Virgin won't do it manually. 

It's clear I`m not a bot, I`ve answered essay questions, done questions using voice and video. This is just not right, it's infuriating that innocent people are flagged for crimes committed by others.

Lyn