What does this mean?

Sandy21

Ii was asked the following, along with lots of other usual questions, before qualifying for a survey but I have no idea what it means.

""How long have you been affiliated with the source from which you came from?" 

The answer choices were one month to more than one year, a total of 5 choices. I guess I picked the wrong answer (more than one year) because I was immediately  booted out. I could have been disqualified  by my answers to other questions but this one was the last question.

After some thought I took it to mean something to do with ancestry but I still really haven't a clue as to its meaning.

Has anyone else been  asked this question? What do you suppose it means and is there a correct answer?

Thanks

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sandy21 said:

Ii was asked the following, along with lots of other usual questions, before qualifying for a survey but I have no idea what it means.

""How long have you been affiliated with the source from which you came from?" 

The answer choices were one month to more than one year, a total of 5 choices. I guess I picked the wrong answer (more than one year) because I was immediately  booted out. I could have been disqualified  by my answers to other questions but this one was the last question.

After some thought I took it to mean something to do with ancestry but I still really haven't a clue as to its meaning.

Has anyone else been  asked this question? What do you suppose it means and is there a correct answer?

Thanks

I had that question the other day like you I must have answered wrong or not because I also got booted

2 minutes ago, peach6 said:

I had that question the other day like you I must have answered wrong or not because I also got booted

Really strange one. Love to know what they were looking for!

Thanks for your response

• Thanks 1

What survey company actually did the survey? Sounds like how someone that does not speak English might phrase something.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, episemion said:

What survey company actually did the survey? Sounds like how someone that does not speak English might phrase something.

Sorry, I just don't remember.

3 hours ago, rosiesmom said:

I had one like that and it had several options, which made no sense.  I didn't make the cut either by the way.

Thanks for your response. Nice to know that I am not alone when it comes to totally strange questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen that as well.  Best guess they want to know how log you've been with the survey panel that directed you to their survey?

It would be akin to clicking on a pine cone survey and when you enter the survey it's asking you how long have you been with pine cone