Discrimination: Unable To Receive Rewards Because No Cell Phone

kaseykernriver

I'm really getting fed up with survey panels that I use to have no trouble with payouts, but now they require a cell phone to send a text message before cashing-out. I do NOT have one & THAT is discrimination. Period!

• Like 1

Mobile phones make it difficult to access some content online especially when using low quality and cheap smartphone.

Some people can't access online surveys because they use mobile phones that can't access the internet 

22 hours ago, kaseykernriver said:

I'm really getting fed up with survey panels that I use to have no trouble with payouts, but now they require a cell phone to send a text message before cashing-out. I do NOT have one & THAT is discrimination. Period!

Textnow will sell you a bonafide phone number that will work in an app, browser or smartphone. You can get the number permanetly, nomonthly charge after verifying your self

• Like 2

I have "verified" my account a couple of times by sending a jpg of my drivers license.  One time it was front and back and then I had to do a selfie through my laptop (it was the next screen in the process so it was no trouble).  One time it was just the front of the DL.  I think the only one that would not do it that way was Branded Surveys but I am not sure of that.  So if you get a text verification demand, ask if it can be done another way.   Fortunately, the one time text was the only way, I had not put much time into the platform.  I hope you can figure it out. I have been working platforms pretty heavily since fall of 2020 and do not have a cell phone.  Good Luck!

You know if you are low income, you can get a cell phone for free.  A lot of my friends got rid of their landline, and only have a cell phone.  I just replaced my cell phone, and got a reconditioned Apple SE for $300, and I love it.  It is much easier to use than my old cell phone.  I also switched to Mint Mobile, and I only pay $15 a month.  You have to pay upfront though.  I paid for three months when I signed up with them.  When my three months are up, I will have to pay for 12 months up front to get it for $15 a month.  They are way cheaper than any other mobile service provider.

Well here in the magic land of Oz, I was able to buy a brand new nifty Motorola smart mobile phone for the amazing price equivalent of US$100 that also included US$20 of calls.

Vodafone payments for pre-paid mobile phones used to be good for one year and came in increments of A$20.  Unfortunately, now they only have A$40 recharges and expire in six months unless you recharge before that six month time period.  If you recharge the leftover credits can be rolled over and used.

If you set up an automatic recharge plan they will give you 3 gigs of data free as well every time you recharge.

Vodafone also gave people with pre-paid phones free calls for three or four months during one of our our lock downs too.

I got more from Vodafone during the lock downs than I did from the Victorian state government and Australian government combined!!!

So if you think I like Vodafone, I do.  Great company.