Hatch

footfree

Why do their rewards expire after 1 year ? I'll probably use it before then but I wonder if that's Amazon's , Walmart's or whichever store  you have chosen decision ? At this rate most of these sites are lucky to be running.

I think that's a mistake.  I usually get Amazon gift cards and once you add them to your account, they don't expire.  Perhaps the expiration is related to actually claiming a specific reward.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve2021 said:

I think that's a mistake.  I usually get Amazon gift cards and once you add them to your account, they don't expire.  Perhaps the expiration is related to actually claiming a specific reward.

Never thought of it that way . Maybe I should read the small print . Thanks

Right, once you've claimed a reward, it's no longer in Hatch, it's now an "Amazon, Walmart, or whichever store you have chosen" decision. I can't speak to whether Walmart codes expire (probably not?), but Amazon's definitely don't. Until you claim a specific reward, though, you have a Hatch reward, so Hatch has control over those expiring or not.

I don't see any reason to not immediately claim any reward you get, basically from any site (unless you get a better redemption ratio for waiting, for instance I wouldn't ever cash out for less than $100 on YouGov, but do cash out the instant I get to $100.)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I did get some Walmart gc's and applied to my account. Doesn't say that they expire however Walmart only allows you to enter x amount of gift cards to your account . I'm thinking around 6 but don't hold me to that.  Yes I'm the same when it comes to YouGov even though now it seems to take longer to get to the cash out payment with them.

• Like 1

I stopped taking Amazon GCs if I could find something else like Walmart or an eatery that we have local here.  Not sure what I will do with YouGov.  The money would be nice but don't you have to jump through some hoops with them to get that now.

• 2 weeks later...

What is up with Hatch? I had the app for over a week now. I took a few profile surveys and a couple "project surveys" and still do not see any points in my account. So far this app is doing nothing but taking up space on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? How much longer should I wait until the app actually gives me some kind of incentive? 

7 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

How much longer should I wait until the app actually gives me some kind of incentive? 

Weeks, for sure. Months, sometimes. They absolutely do pay, and generally pretty well, but they are usually slooooow.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2022 at 7:43 AM, Njsurveyman said:

What is up with Hatch? I had the app for over a week now. I took a few profile surveys and a couple "project surveys" and still do not see any points in my account. So far this app is doing nothing but taking up space on my phone. Am I doing something wrong? How much longer should I wait until the app actually gives me some kind of incentive? 

I go on the app everyday and do their surveys .I don't wait for them to come to me. Some months are better then others I just did a $12 survey for 5 minutes not to long ago.