Problems redeeming Amazon GC at Valued Opinions

NFriday

Hi- I have $69 in my Valued Opinions account right now, and so it is time for me to redeem a $20 Amazon GC.  I don't like to keep too much money in my account, in case they decide to close my account.  I logged in so I could redeem an Amazon GC, and I chose the $20 GC, and then it said it was sending a code to my phone number.  This would not be a problem, but they were sending it to my landline number, and there was no way to change it to my cell phone number.  I clicked that I wanted the gift card, and then my landline phone rang, and I picked it up, and a talking computer mentioned the code that I was supposed to enter, but I could not understand it, and then when they did not hear from me, they asked me to respond, which I did, but they could not figure out what to do, and plus I could not understand the code. They said to call back later.   I have never been required to enter a code that I receive on my phone.  Has anybody else cashed out with Valued Opinion lately? I just did a few weeks ago, and they did not ask for a code.

I just cashed out an Amazon GC today.  I cash out w/ them every 2-3 weeks, and today I noticed that they've eliminated the extra $2 on the Amazon $20 GC (i.e., used to cost $22 for a $20 Amazon GC but today it was $20).  I almost always get the mobile verification request where they text me a code and I enter it.

Hi- I tried to redeem one of my Amazon GC again, and it says they will send me a verification code to my number they have listed, which is my landline number.  When they call my landline number, I pick it up, and then they tell me the verification code, but I can't understand it, and I get it wrong when I try to enter it.  I looked to see if I could change my phone number to my cell phone, but I don't see any where I can do it.  I tried emailing them to ask them if they would change the number.  I don't know if they will get back to me or not.  I currently have $67 in my account.  I noticed that they do not charge a $2 service fee like they used to, and so the GC only costs me $20.  I might try posting on their Facebook page too, and see if I get a response.

Valued Opinion actually got back to me.  They want me to supply them with my year of birth, zip code and the new phone number, and they will switch over the number.  I was surprised how quick they got back to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem and I had forgotten it.  I need to check my account as I thought I had sent them the information. I do not go on their  site much.