Branded Points Suspension

Vodkapirate

Having a couple of issues with Branded today. I log in and see that there are no surveys to take. Eh, it happens from time to time, so I decide to just cash out the $18 I have there and notice that the "Redeem Points" button is missing and so is my payout option. Weird. So I re-added my PayPal info, got the email confirmation etc. and I still don't have the Redeem Points button! I sent them a message about it, hoping it's just website issues. I've been with them since the early Mintvine days, so I hope they haven't just randomly decided to boot me out for no reason.

Anyone else having issues today?

Update: I guess they don't like me anymore. I just received this email:

"Thank you for reaching out to Branded Surveys regarding your account.

We aim to ensure our community is full of attentive panelists who are able to dedicate their time to answering surveys with honesty and care. 

Through a thorough review, your account has been suspended."

I don't know WTF they're talking about; I always answer surveys honestly. Maybe I cashed out too often for their liking? I appealed it, but I don't know if that will matter. :(

• Sad 1

• Vodkapirate changed the title to Branded Points Suspension

I don't think that they know what they're talking about either. And after 6 years of doing surveys, I have come to the conclusion that most surveys are run by a pack of chowderheads who not only have no hold on reality, but are also actually dishonest. 

• Like 3

Report them to the BBB and Consumer Fraud Division if they do not release your funds. I recently learned that it is highly illegal for any company (survey companies included) to keep any money previously earned with them due to recent conversations I had with my state's Attorney General office.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

Report them to the BBB and Consumer Fraud Division if they do not release your funds. I recently learned that it is highly illegal for any company (survey companies included) to keep any money previously earned with them due to recent conversations I had with my state's Attorney General office.  

They denied my appeal this morning, and I sent back a message telling them to pay me the money in my account (which actually went UP since they kicked me out LOL - I received a credit for a survey I didn't initially get paid for this morning) or I would file a complaint  at the BBB. I didn't know about the Consumer Fraud Division though; I'll add them to the list of places to go if they don't pay me. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Njsurveyman said:

I guess laws are different in different states as I was told after reaching out to anyone that would respond (after being booted by LifePoints for no reason and they kept my $50) that I had no recourse. Glad this worked for you.

22 hours ago, Vodkapirate said:

Having a couple of issues with Branded today. I log in and see that there are no surveys to take. Eh, it happens from time to time, so I decide to just cash out the $18 I have there and notice that the "Redeem Points" button is missing and so is my payout option. Weird. So I re-added my PayPal info, got the email confirmation etc. and I still don't have the Redeem Points button! I sent them a message about it, hoping it's just website issues. I've been with them since the early Mintvine days, so I hope they haven't just randomly decided to boot me out for no reason.

Anyone else having issues today?

I am really sorry this happened to you. LifePoints did this to me and kept $50 I earned. I reached out to as many places as I could, filed complaints, etc. but was eventually told that there are no laws to protect us from these online survey scammers. 

But it does appear that some states may have laws to protect us as per a post here from NJsurveyman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:10 PM, Vodkapirate said:

They denied my appeal this morning, and I sent back a message telling them to pay me the money in my account (which actually went UP since they kicked me out LOL - I received a credit for a survey I didn't initially get paid for this morning) or I would file a complaint  at the BBB. I didn't know about the Consumer Fraud Division though; I'll add them to the list of places to go if they don't pay me. Thanks for the tip!

Were you able to get your money yet? I have heard a few bad things about Branded lately. I only use them for the 1 second 5 pts poll each day. I am sure they will eventually suspend me too. They are a very dishonest company now and not a big loss.