How Do The Writers Of Surveys Expect To Get Useful Information?

ConnecticutMarc

Well over 90% of all the surveys that I do are actually nothing but great big swamps of repetition, babbling, yammering and double talking that encourage straight lining, speeding and answering silly questions with equally silly answers. With all that in mind, how do the writers of those surveys expect to get any accurate or useful information from them?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

Well over 90% of all the surveys that I do are actually nothing but great big swamps of repetition, babbling, yammering and double talking that encourage straight lining, speeding and answering silly questions with equally silly answers. With all that in mind, how do the writers of those surveys expect to get any accurate or useful information from them?

What are you referring to by " big swamps of repetition, babbling, yammering and double talking"? 

Because that's what they are.....asking the same questions over & over, many questions have no relevance to the topic at hand, sometimes they will switch the subject matter of the survey during the survey to something completely different, and I have often found  that the instructions about how to answer questions or make comments are inaccurate and misleading.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

Because that's what they are.....asking the same questions over & over, many questions have no relevance to the topic at hand, sometimes they will switch the subject matter of the survey during the survey to something completely different, and I have often found  that the instructions about how to answer questions or make comments are inaccurate and misleading.

Am learning by re - responding to these repetitive questionnaires' set of questions is helpful. I don't want to seem like a Do Gooder. But it is helping me with written english that I never had the time to comprehend in junior high to college. If this helps. Especially, now that Grammarly is offering free registrations, hints and tips with spelling words. Plus, its fun to return to my survey account and discover after YEARS of arduous waiting and earning $ 0.01 cent up to $ 0.25 cents, and completing the $ 1.00 and higher completed surveys, that I finally reached the Minimum amount to cash out into my paypal account. I do wonder if that is the reason for these philanthropist survey providing sites that offer this free cash is to help others a hand up in society ? However, nowadays my goal is to complete surveys that allow me to cash out at $ 5.00 or $ 10.00 dollars. Its the $ 20.00 and higher minimum cash out amounts required that I put on the back burner that takes years to cash out. Those survey provider sites I usually just build up the Paid To Click cash paid emails they send me everyday.

22 hours ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

I feel the exact same way! I think these panels make it up as they go along. I also believe they are scamming not only survey takers, but their customers. I think they mislead their customers and give them all kinds of crap inaccurate information and rake in the bucks doing it. Most of the stuff in stores is absolute overpriced crap that falls apart within weeks. If these companies are relying on what they get from survey sites, they are screwing themselves and their end users. It’s the biggest scam. Most of these survey sites should not be in business. I hope some day someone takes them down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

I have seen repeated queries on a few surveys , but not that often. Sometimes I suspect it is a simple rewording to see if the respondent is consistent. Bear in mind that some survey companies do not write the surveys themselves , but rather the client requesting it does. The latter are the ones where I see issues. A good company will write a survey , have a bunch of staffers take it , and correct issues. Not all seem to do that.

I am currently a member of a communispace panel, and I did another one several years ago, that was an AARP panel, and I loved it.  This one some of the monthly surveys only take a few minutes, but some other ones take forever, and I don't get paid as much as I did for the AARP panel.  I just got one from them a few days ago that took me forever, and they kept asking the same question with a few minor changes in the question.  I just had to basically give a variation of the same answer throughout the survey.  I am not even sure how much they have paid me so far.  I have been involved in the panel for at least six months.  I am sure Communispace is not writing the survey themselves.  I should say something to them and complain.  I would have the last time, but they did not ask me if I had any further comments.